Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac Loses Will You Question His 147 Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, no. It's more about his opponent/style of choice than anything. Getting a few plodding, offensive guys with little defense can make anyone look a million dollars, especially if they're as good as Pac.

I think people are overestimating Marquez now. It's gone the opposite way. People think he's going to come in looking as good or better than last time.

He's now 40 years old, at 147. So what that he's done lots of weight training...He's not going to be sharper, faster or slicker, and most importantly younger, which is the only thing he ever needed to be to beat Pac. He's going to be slower again, his reflexes slightly eroded more and with the time of another year passing, his overall skills just that little bit diminished.

It'll either look sort of similar or Pac will win easy this time. Marquez isn't going to suddenly be better than ever.

Either way, none of that erases what he's done at 147.

Comment

These questions are always stupid. No loss, no matter how devastating, changes what a fight did before that loss. I don't care if Pac gets knocked out by the first punch that hits him, it doesn't change anything he did before.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
        good points that the pre welter pacquiao was the real monster. but who else do you think he should have fought at welterweight? ortiz? berto? cmon man you know what would happen in those fights.
        Doesn't change that those fighters would have been better choices than the guys he has been fighting. Bradley is the only fight since Clottey that wasn't an awful choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
          good points that the pre welter pacquiao was the real monster. but who else do you think he should have fought at welterweight? ortiz? berto? cmon man you know what would happen in those fights.
          Doesn't mean they shouldn't have occured.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            These questions are always stupid. No loss, no matter how devastating, changes what a fight did before that loss. I don't care if Pac gets knocked out by the first punch that hits him, it doesn't change anything he did before.
            Thats right it was still cherry picking at its finest and then draining them for insurance , take out the CWs and what do you have , NOT MUCH , so your right nothing changes if he lost he still scammed boxing when he went to WW with conditions on everybody .

Comment

I think if he looses it will just show that he is getting older. Now if he if he gets caught using peds...then yes I would question all his wins at the higher weight classes. His wins over alot of fighters was just his overall relentless attack and speed and stamina as well, Its kinda like RJ, once he got older he lost his biggest weapon speed.

Comment

Working...
              X