Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't stand the fans that like to dish out passes to Canelo and Jcc and the likes.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Andre Berto is the best example you could find? Why don't you keep it real then? Why don'y you say the top 3 pfp fighters name? He's the 1 that made it all ok. Old, shot, weight drained, fat, he did it all. Chaves beat a fighter from his weight class at the every least for his title. There is no way that you can talk about Chavez jr, but not Canelo, no way. And Broner, he got a gift win over Ponce De Leon all of 3 fights ago.
    What do Pacquiao and Floyd have to do with young fighters having belts they didn't earn? I don't understand how you bring them into this at all. When they were young they proved themselves in ways none of these guys have come close to doing so. Berto is a great example of a talented guy that was given a belt and proceeded to defend it against terrible competition, which I thought was the issue you had here.

Alvarez is different than Chavez Jr. because Chavez Jr. has been doing this for freaking years. Alvarez hasn't been anywhere near that level of cherry picking and protection like Chavez has for so long now. Cintron's probably a better fighter than anyone Chavez has beaten, even now. And Broner JUST won a belt, give the guy a chance to actually defend it. You're being really hard on these guys, when they are no where near the best examples of what is wrong with boxing. Pacquiao's last two years are what is wrong with boxing. Klitschko-Mormeck is what's wrong with boxing. Hopkins and his crap against Dawson is what's wrong with boxing. Not two young guys who are given belts they didn't win against the best fighters in the division.

Why aren't you complaining about Felix Sturm or Lucian Bute or Andre Berto or Alexander Povetkin or the dozens of other examples of guys that have won belts they don't deserve and/or defended them against bums for long periods of time?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      What do Pacquiao and Floyd have to do with young fighters having belts they didn't earn? I don't understand how you bring them into this at all. When they were young they proved themselves in ways none of these guys have come close to doing so. Berto is a great example of a talented guy that was given a belt and proceeded to defend it against terrible competition, which I thought was the issue you had here.

Alvarez is different than Chavez Jr. because Chavez Jr. has been doing this for freaking years. Alvarez hasn't been anywhere near that level of cherry picking and protection like Chavez has for so long now. Cintron's probably a better fighter than anyone Chavez has beaten, even now. And Broner JUST won a belt, give the guy a chance to actually defend it. You're being really hard on these guys, when they are no where near the best examples of what is wrong with boxing. Pacquiao's last two years are what is wrong with boxing. Klitschko-Mormeck is what's wrong with boxing. Hopkins and his crap against Dawson is what's wrong with boxing. Not two young guys who are given belts they didn't win against the best fighters in the division.

Why aren't you complaining about Felix Sturm or Lucian Bute or Andre Berto or Alexander Povetkin or the dozens of other examples of guys that have won belts they don't deserve and/or defended them against bums for long periods of time?
      Agree with the bold. I don't complain about Sturm & Povetkin because they don't act like they're the second coming of Christ.

I don't complain about Berto because if team Pacman or Floyd chose to fight him, I don't think he would have declined. he was a champ in their division, after all.

Bute will be facing someone real soon that's good, but I did say what needed to be said about him.

Comment

Cintron just got out hustled against Molina but so did Lara....to me that just means Molina is better most people thought......similar to how everyone thought Gamboa was overrated due to struggling with Salido only to Salido demolish Lopez shortly after.

Outside of that Cintron was beating Williams and also just came off of a solid win against Smith.

People like the clown @ss TS use the words "bum" and "overrated" too loosely....I guess that's what happens when you don't follow the sport.

Comment

Champions should be fighting championship level fighters, not has beens. What's ******ed is people like you that are ok with him owning titles when he hasn't fought on that level yet. They could have brought him along just fine without taking ricky Hattons bro & slapping him in the ring with this kid to crown him a champion. It's because of stupid fans like you that this **** is even happening.

"Well it's ok, he's only 21". So he needs to step up in comp. Champs don't step up in comp, they're already there.
          Very rarely do we disagree on things and it's not about to start now. Great post Bush, you always keep it real and that's what I respect about you.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            Cintron just got out hustled against Molina but so did Lara....to me that just means Molina is better most people thought......similar to how everyone thought Gamboa was overrated due to struggling with Salido only to Salido demolish Lopez shortly after.

Outside of that Cintron was beating Williams and also just came off of a solid win against Smith.

People like the clown @ss TS use the words "bum" and "overrated" too loosely....I guess that's what happens when you don't follow the sport.
            I throw around overrated to loosly, like you don't. Remember Martinez is overrated to you, remember & that's after a ko win.

A solid win against Smith, ok. To me, he barely & I mean barely won. Matter of fact i believe the best he deserved was a draw. But like you posted earlier the fight with the Punisher & Angulo were at least 2 years ago, more than that after a what 14 month layoff. He's not the same fighter that he was even then.

But I guess clown a$$ guys like you have to think so because Mosley was prime earlier this year when he faced your guy who couldn't find the old man, talk about overrated.Applying dumb logic to everything cause you had to defend your guy for so long. Then got the nerve to talk about following boxing. Get the **** out of my tread chump.

Comment

I throw around overrated to loosly, like you don't. Remember Martinez is overrated to you, remember & that's after a ko win.

A solid win against Smith, ok. To me, he barely & I mean barely won. Matter of fact i believe the best he deserved was a draw. But like you posted earlier the fight with the Punisher & Angulo were at least 2 years ago, more than that after a what 14 month layoff. He's not the same fighter that he was even then.

But I guess clown a$$ guys like you have to think so because Mosley was prime earlier this year when he faced your guy who couldn't find the old man, talk about overrated.Applying dumb logic to everything cause you had to defend your guy for so long. Then got the nerve to talk about following boxing. Get the **** out of my tread chump.
              Btw what does Pacquiao have to do with anything? Man your obsessed with Manny....smh

Comment

Hey, I'm calling Ali out for a fight. Think I'll get a pass when I win?

I mean let's face it, Ali beat Foreman, Frazier, Liston, ect.... I should get props right?

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  Btw what does Pacquiao have to do with anything? Man your obsessed with Manny....smh

I'd say about as much as Gamboa, Salido & Juanma did.

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Hey, I'm calling Ali out for a fight. Think I'll get a pass when I win?

I mean let's face it, Ali beat Foreman, Frazier, Liston, ect.... I should get props right?
                  Absolutely, by the dumb poster top ranks standard.

Comment

Working...
                  X