Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets be honest Last of Us deserves GOTY over GTA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, Bringer I called BL2 the game of the year, even when I was saying I hated it compared to BL1. I thought it was the best of 2012. I always did acknowledge that.

As far 2013 goes, it should be between Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us. Tomb Raider doesn't get talked about enough, it is very underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      BTW, Bringer I called BL2 the game of the year, even when I was saying I hated it compared to BL1. I thought it was the best of 2012. I always did acknowledge that.

As far 2013 goes, it should be between Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us. Tomb Raider doesn't get talked about enough, it is very underrated.
      Tomb Raider was really, really good. Not as good as GTA5 or Last of Us or Bioshock, but it should be in the running behind them.

Comment

LoU was absolutely AMAZING. One of the best single player experiences I've ever had. I have not played a single game on my PS3 (which I bought in 2005) outside of like 30 mins of GTA4 (which I completed on PC) and I just set it up to see what the hype was about for this game.

I was not disappointed. I HATE playing anything but football/fighting games on console, but this was just phenomenal. I was stuck to my screen throughout, all I did was do my dissertation and play this game until I finished it lol. The two main characters are awesome, the atmosphere is EXCELLENT, graphics are great for such a dated system and the story was unreal. It's safe to say, I couldn't finish Max Payne 3 after playing this. Nothing rivals it.

GTA5 was good, its a very different type of game. I mean the map looks so good, the new 3 character switching is a great change they made too. It's basically a combination of previous GTAs but bigger and better for the most part. Online is definitely something that adds extra value to the game, but it sucks that because of the online they had to limit some aspects of the single player (building entries).

When I played LoU, I WANTED to get through the story and just continue playing the missions without really exploring much. When I played GTA, I felt like there was so much more outside of the story, exploring using different vehicles, blowing shizz up, customising..stuff like that. Different games.

LoU is the best. Bioshock was interesting, it was definitely mind****ing me for a bit because of how different it was but the combat system was horrible. Story was solid though.

P.s. I am tired as ****, f knows if what I wrote is even coherent but there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          I concur, but I'd be surprised if it happened. GTA's popularity is through the roof and quantity (of sales) trumps quality often in these sort of things.
          You got a PS3 again?

Comment

Last of us looses on replay-ability cant hold a candle to GTA and that is the honest truth. Playing GTA single player is like playing half the game. If GTA didn't have online then the last of us would win.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
              Last of us looses on replay-ability cant hold a candle to GTA and that is the honest truth. Playing GTA single player is like playing half the game. If GTA didn't have online then the last of us would win.
              In gaming, there is nothing I hate more than games that only show it's full potential online. Like most of its great aspects are online when you play with other people.

That's why besides visuals/graphics/mechanics, it is going to be hard for games from the PS3/XBox360(Online era) era+ to beat out games from PS1/N64/PS2/XBox era's gameplay. Where you know you were going to get a quality game that you can play by yourself. I praise Borderlands for this, it shines in multiplayer, but as a single player game it shines exactly the same.

There are games out there for PS3/XBox 360 that are great and didn't need online mode, but most of the games that are sequels of PS1/PS2/XBox games now, still get beaten out by their older brothers in gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                LoU was absolutely AMAZING. One of the best single player experiences I've ever had. I have not played a single game on my PS3 (which I bought in 2005) outside of like 30 mins of GTA4 (which I completed on PC) and I just set it up to see what the hype was about for this game.

I was not disappointed. I HATE playing anything but football/fighting games on console, but this was just phenomenal. I was stuck to my screen throughout, all I did was do my dissertation and play this game until I finished it lol. The two main characters are awesome, the atmosphere is EXCELLENT, graphics are great for such a dated system and the story was unreal. It's safe to say, I couldn't finish Max Payne 3 after playing this. Nothing rivals it.

GTA5 was good, its a very different type of game. I mean the map looks so good, the new 3 character switching is a great change they made too. It's basically a combination of previous GTAs but bigger and better for the most part. Online is definitely something that adds extra value to the game, but it sucks that because of the online they had to limit some aspects of the single player (building entries).

When I played LoU, I WANTED to get through the story and just continue playing the missions without really exploring much. When I played GTA, I felt like there was so much more outside of the story, exploring using different vehicles, blowing shizz up, customising..stuff like that. Different games.

LoU is the best. Bioshock was interesting, it was definitely mind****ing me for a bit because of how different it was but the combat system was horrible. Story was solid though.

P.s. I am tired as ****, f knows if what I wrote is even coherent but there it is.
                well there is nothing to explore in The Last of us you HAVE to do Story missions because there absolutely nothing to do nothing to upgrade nothing to customize once you reach a new area/room you are locked out you cant go backwards I guess you can collect those letters left by some survivors but If you miss it you missed it.
                out of curiosity did you play telltales walking dead?
                Last edited by Phenom; 11-06-2013, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  well there is nothing to explore in The Last of us you HAVE to do Story missions because there absolutely nothing to do nothing to upgrade nothing to customize once you reach a new area/room you are locked out you cant go backwards I guess you can collect those letters left by some survivors but If you miss it you missed it.
                  I did.. story was good.. gameplay was completely ****..

TBH i'd much rather watch someone else play it on youtube and just watch there choices.. Which really didn't matter a whole lot in the end.. I mean for instance the big one in episode 1.. save carly.. save some guy (can't remember his name).. then what happens in the second ep?? they both die anyway.. pointless..

Leave lily on highway.. or take her with you after she murders the above.. what does it matter?? either way she is gone 5 minutes later if you take her.

I couldn't believe it got GOTY.. and i am a massive fan of the show and enjoyed the game for what it was.. there were epic moments in it like the Duck/Katja and deciding wether to leave or help ben scenes..

TLOU has both great story and excellent gameplay imo.. all though i know its not for everyone.

Comment

Oh and TLOU is absolutely linear.. but that is not always a bad thing..

Seems every game is trying to do the big open world **** these days..

But take Morrowind for instance.. i'd much rather take a tighter story.. it's not that i want to be handheld.. but it's not just compelling.. why should i kill those bandits??? why should i care.. it just feels like a grind.. I am done with those type of games.. bigger is not always better.. just like in GTA.. it's massive but it barely feels like you can interact with even half of it.

I dunno.. if anyone has ever played Gothic 1 and 2.. but i loved those games far more then Elder Scrolls even if they were buggy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      I played a bit of walking dead but I could not stand the gameplay, so after a bit I decided to start following it on YouTube. I liked the story but its not comparable to LoU (not that you were inferring that it was).

Comment

Working...
                      X