No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Clan Confident as Salido Showdown Nears

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia Clan Confident as Salido Showdown Nears

Featherweight contender Mikey Garcia is training for the fight of his life. The unbeaten boxer challenges Orlando "Siri" Salido (39-11-1, 27KO) for the WBO's featherweight championship on January 19th at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York.

"I am aware that I will be fighting the best featherweight champion of the world and, therefore I am working harder than ever. I know I have to be 100% to beat Orlando Salido," explained Garcia (30-0, 26KO). "Salido has proven that he's the best with facts and wins, but I have the ability, strength and experience to win and I will prove that on the 19th in New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i will enjoy this fight.

Comment

Garcia is the one too watch, with the amount of knowledge his brother holds. He can really go places hopefully, with the stuff he learnt from valero and pacquiao and his family in general he will be a gem for boxing.

Comment

> Garcia clan
        > 2013
        > No mention of Danny Garcia

Comment

This will be a great fight! If Garcia can stick to the plan and utilze his boxing movement/IQ he can pull of a close win. If he ends up trading with Salido....Zzzzzzz zzzzzz for Garcia!

Comment

A lot a people may think I'm crazy, but I foresee an easy and somewhat brutal knockout for Garcia!

Salido is a very good fighter that does many things right: including cutting off the ring and moving his head. However, there's one thing that he does that I think will cost him in this particular fight. And that's him being wide with his punches. I think Garcia will stay tight and counter-punch him for the ko.

Comment

Salido's ring experience and toughness could be enough to win him this fight against the younger opponent. Salido has a good chin and can dish out some hard punishment throughout 12 full rounds. My pick is for "El Siri"

Comment

Can't wait to see this fight! I think a very motivated Garcia will get the better of a shop-worn Salido.

Comment

This will be Mikey's coming out party. He's very patient & stays focused. Once he gets the jab pumping he'll control distance & keep Salido right where he wants him. On the outside at the end of his short shots.

Salido is a good fighter. But he's old in boxing years & Mikey is more fundamentally sound than Gamboa & Juanma combined. I expect his classic boxing technique to prevail as Salido gets frustrated in there.

Comment

hmmm, im not convinced by salido.
                    hes a swinger who had lopezs number, thats it.

Comment

Working...
                    X