No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Beats Down DeMarco Over Eight, Wins Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
    I dunno!...He tried to fight Mayweather but the only thing he got was excuses. Excuses just guys like you will agree.
    How could Floyd weight drain a fighter that weighed more than him on fight night, wouldn't that be a weight advantage for Corrales, and Floyd still whooped that ass with pure boxing skills, Floyd didn't stand in front of Corrales in a toe to toe battle...Alex Ariza was Corrales strength and conditioning coach, and Ariza/Corrales both stated in an interview that aired that night prior to the fight that there was no issue in making weight for the Mayweather fight. Corrales was extremely motivated to beat Mayweather's ass for comments Mayweather made regards to beating Corrales ass for all of the beaten battered women in America.

Your memory serves you short and its clear you don't know what you're talking about. If Corrales was weight drained the mainstream media will never let that argument rest regards to Mayweather's boxing career.

Comment

• The Broner-DeMarco fight looked about what a Mayweather-Pac fight would look like, with Pac playing the role of Demarco.

Comment

• i feel like this wasnt a good fight for broner cuz demarco basically beat himself....he stood there in the pocket the whole time and did next to nothing to make it difficult for broner, in other words, broner didn't gain any experience in this fight...he just took what demarco gave him and it was such and easy night for broner. not taking anything away from broner, but it just looked like he didn't get any real work in.

Comment

• Real dumb of DeMarco to stay in the inside and take all that punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            The Broner-DeMarco fight looked about what a Mayweather-Pac fight would look like, with Pac playing the role of Demarco.
            You could not be more wrong about that if you tried. You could have said Mayweather's fists would turn into guns and fire bullets that would bounce off Pac because of A-side meth, and you wouldn't have been more wrong than this post.
            Last edited by bojangles1987; 11-18-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by InYourFace View Post
              How could Floyd weight drain a fighter that weighed more than him on fight night, wouldn't that be a weight advantage for Corrales, and Floyd still whooped that ass with pure boxing skills, Floyd didn't stand in front of Corrales in a toe to toe battle...Alex Ariza was Corrales strength and conditioning coach, and Ariza/Corrales both stated in an interview that aired that night prior to the fight that there was no issue in making weight for the Mayweather fight. Corrales was extremely motivated to beat Mayweather's ass for comments Mayweather made regards to beating Corrales ass for all of the beaten battered women in America.

Your memory serves you short and its clear you don't know what you're talking about. If Corrales was weight drained the mainstream media will never let that argument rest regards to Mayweather's boxing career.

wOW....are you really comparing fight night weight with a guy forced to make an specific weight? Corrales was a lot bigger than Mayweather. He WAS supposed to gain more weigh at fight night.

And the last part of your less than impressive argument...Just like the media never let Castillo being robbed against Mayweather? Plzzz... Mainstream Media is easy to play with when you're a cash cow!

Comment

• Originally posted by InYourFace View Post
                You clearly don't know what the **** you're talking about, Floyd's boxing career is being doubted right now, just like his career was being doubted back then. There has been some suppose boogie man that Floyd was, or is afraid to fight. Then when Floyd fights them and beat their ass, the supposed boogie man all of sudden isn't ****. With that being said, Corrales vs Mayweather was a fight that was demanded from the boxing community and the public, weight draining somebody is when a fighter demands that his opponent that fights within the same division weigh in below the weight limit for the fight, and to make matters worse, is to have a weight stipulation against the fighter thats loosing the weight. Son, that is what you call a fixed fight. One fighter is at full strength, and the other is a weak 4 to 6 round fighter at best, his punches will have no power behind them or no snap on them-FACT.
                Please...name those boogie. I mean...The Mosley he was supposed to face in early 2000's? Emmm... No! Margarito? Never... Let me guess... hmmm! Hatton @147... no no.. BALDOMIR.....wait... finished Arturo Gatti....

Yeah man... lots of boogie mans!

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  The Broner-DeMarco fight looked about what a Mayweather-Pac fight would look like, with Pac playing the role of Demarco.
                  Pacquiao has foot movement. It would look a lot different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Yes I know but he's not quite got the impregnable defense as some are making out, there were a few times when his head got popped right back or it seemed he didn't defensively react to some shots, you didn't see that happen with Floyd all too often.

He will get better but his defense although amazing will not be on the level of Mayweathers, in my opinion.

It was a great performance, I liked the way he stood toe to toe right in front of Demarco and landed at will. He's clearly on his way to becoming a superstar.
                    I never claimed his defense was on the level of Mayweather. They have completely different styles. Broner is an in fighter. He mostly stands in the pocket or walks down his opponent. Mayweather kept a distance and used his jab and footwork.

What Im saying is people are coming here saying how vulnerable Broner would be. But I dont see how the **** they came up with that assumption after watching the Demarco fight. The guy clearly got manhandled and didn't land ****. Seems they are just trying to find something against the guy to downplay his skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                      Personally, i don't like "THE" guy, but damn! this mofo got some skills. I'm definitly a fan after this last performance. He needs to stop mentioning Mayweather in every interview. He's fighting the best out there. Floyd's not even fighting. He weigh drained Corrales @130, and Broner went up and fought the best of that division. Not saying Broner is better than Floyd, but he's truly facing the best opposition.
                      You havent a slightest idea what you're talking about. On top of that Broner can move right up to 140. He doesn't even ****ing look like a lightweight. Anyone that knows boxing knew this was going to be a slaughter. I dont give a crap if Demarco was rated the #1 lightweight. He barely got past Linares. And have you watched Linares after he fought Demarco? Kind of made you understand why Linares lost. Neither him or Demarco were top class fighters. As far as Im concerned if Demarco was the top lightweight, that division is very weak.

So for you to make a statement that he's fighting the best, kind of outlandish. His most notable opponent outside of Demarco(who I consider to be a bum anyway) was Ponce de Leon. That happened to also be his most competitive fight. It's outlandish to talk about his comp level being anywhere near Mayweather's at the same age.

Comment

Working...
                      X