No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley Vs prenell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    If Valero is the greatest puncher ever at 135, than LaMar Clark, at 43-3 (42) is the greatest heavyweight puncher ever. I mean since level of opposition doesn't matter this only stands to reason, right?

LOL Valero's last 8 fights were title fights. Demarco and Pitlua were both good C+ kind of fighters. Velazquez was a tough veteran and I would argue Mosquera was at least a B level fighter its not Valero's fault that he beat him in to retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      LOL Valero's last 8 fights were title fights. Demarco and Pitlua were both good C+ kind of fighters. Velazquez was a tough veteran and I would argue Mosquera was at least a B level fighter its not Valero's fault that he beat him in to retirement.

You're kidding, right? Valero's resume is a joke if you want to compare him to great lightweight punchers like Duran, Ike Williams, Joe Gans, , Lew Jenkins, Jack Blackburn, Battling Nelson and others who not only knocked out the same kind of stiffs as Valero, but true world class competition as well. Lol, at Valero's title fights. Face the facts, Valero never fought a true threat at 130 or 135, he is one of the most overrated fighters of the last 20 years.

Comment

You're kidding, right? Valero's resume is a joke if you want to compare him to great lightweight punchers like Duran, Ike Williams, Joe Gans, , Lew Jenkins, Jack Blackburn, Battling Nelson and others who not only knocked out the same kind of stiffs as Valero, but true world class competition as well. Lol, at Valero's title fights. Face the facts, Valero never fought a true threat at 130 or 135, he is one of the most overrated fighters of the last 20 years.

LOL no one said his resume was as good as theirs but you compared him to LaMar Clark which is phuking dumb.

As i said Vincete Mosquera was clearly a threat and a very good young fighter not Valero's fault he beat him in to retirement.

Comment

LOL no one said his resume was as good as theirs but you compared him to LaMar Clark which is phuking dumb.

As i said Vincete Mosquera was clearly a threat and a very good young fighter not Valero's fault he beat him in to retirement.
          Lol, you're giving me one guy who got his title out of a cereal box and wouldn't even be a fringe contender in an era of 1 champion per division to try and justify how hard Valero hit in comparison to fighters who ko'd real and tough competition?

Comment

Lol, you're giving me one guy who got his title out of a cereal box and wouldn't even be a fringe contender in an era of 1 champion per division to try and justify how hard Valero hit in comparison to fighters who ko'd real and tough competition?

What are you talking about? Mosquera didn't win a vacant title

If you can't see that Mosquera was very good young fighter then there is no point in continuing this.

Comment

well since you put it that way

valero is the greatest puncher not only at LW, but ever at any weight
              he could knock out a rhino

/ thread

thank you for showing us the light

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                that's not at all what i'm saying

i'm saying that valero did next to nothing at LW
                next to nothing
                not nearly enough to even begin to carve out that sort of reputation

to be considered the best puncher of all time at LW you have to ... you know... do something at LW.

and i couldn't disagree more about valero's punching power. especially at LW. scrap the resume for this point. i'm talking about watching the guy and the damage he's able to do to the man he's fighting
                he was not the best puncher of all time at LW
                not even close. just look at his fight with demarco, which, like it or not, was his biggest fight at LW and his hardest fight.
                if he's the GOAT puncher at LW demarco has a superhuman chin (which he does not)
                valero landed big punches on him all night, and the effect didn't really start to show up until demarco started to double over a bit in his corner between some of the rounds late in the fight

i don't need you to tell me to watch fights of valero's
                like i said, he was a guy i was very high on the guy. i thought he had the goods because he was a subtle boxer. like many other people in the boxing world i thought his power was well overrated. you take it to a new level, though
                Sorry SC this is why im a fan of EV also maybe he might have proven himself to be one of the greatest punchers of all time but with his opposition it cant be argued (though i agree that Mosquera was his best win he won the title in US against a very good Thai and Valero fought him in Panama in front of a very hostile crowd).To me he had all the skills to be a great boxer/puncher nice handspeed,foot movement,very good in the combinations and a winners mentality but he had bad habits breathing through his mouth and leaving his hands awfully low.Hes a the great what if?Sadly

Comment

What are you talking about? Mosquera didn't win a vacant title

If you can't see that Mosquera was very good young fighter then there is no point in continuing this.
                  Looking good against other prospects and fringe contenders doesn't make you a worthy name to be mentioned amongst great fighters who have been ko'd by PROVEN punchers against top comp. Sorry man, but you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    well since you put it that way

valero is the greatest puncher not only at LW, but ever at any weight
                    he could knock out a rhino

/ thread

thank you for showing us the light
                    I'd green K you for the priceless sarcasm alone but I got to spread it around some more :chuckle9:

PS. NOW it let me send it to you :chuckle9:

Poet
                    Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 06-12-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X