Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you like this "NEW" version of Victor Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was a bit to tentaitve but I can appreciate him fighting alot smarter, it will get him through alot more bouts on top.

Comment

Fighting an old campbell doesn't prove anything. Ortiz was fighting scared.

Comment

if anybody saw his fights after maidana, this "new" style would come as no surprise.
        he's making an effort to fight intelligently, but i think he went a bit overboard last night. a lot of wasted movement and wasted angles. he'd move, create an angle but he wouldnt take advantage of it.
        i think it's great he's transitioning to a power boxer, but i think he's overcompensating. he doesnt have to be a "pure" boxer with that power. he just needs to fight intelligently and not try to play to the crowd, but his power should be enough of an obstacle for his opponents to get past.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-five View Post
          Fighting an old campbell doesn't prove anything. Ortiz was fighting scared.
          yeah right. there was nothing to be scared of.
          ortiz had confidence in his ability to outbox campbell... and he did for every single round.

Comment

Victor "Not So Vicious" Ortiz.

Comment

His plan lastnight was to stick and move amd that's what his team has been working on...Ortiz has really never shown defensive skills before he was always on the attack...he's transitioning ok and looks faster and a little better than his last two fights...he needs to mix it up though because Ortiz is knowm for being aggressive and like some ppl said with that kimd of power you don't always have to be on the defensive...but I think he needs a new trainer maybe Nasim Richardson or Rodger Mayweather...theres so much you can create in a young talent like Ortiz I just don't think his trainer can teach him anything impressive but his trainer does give good advice on the corner...he should get a new trainer and still keep the one he has as an assistant trainer

Comment

Working...
              X