Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Lol!
    What is next for Lara... ?

Pic of Lara leaving the arena...

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post

Pic of Lara leaving the arena...

Comment

Lara didn;t even slip he jumped so far back his butt hit the ring post. He was literally scared to death to stand in fron of Canelo, I've never seen so much fear at this level before, maybe Gainer against JMM

Comment

This is the only NSB thread on this fight I feel like commenting on, due to the posting credibility and personal integrity of the thread starter.

It comes as no surprise that those who were pulling for Lara (including the man himself) are now shouting about a "robbery." Those claims are absolute bull****, though. This was a close fight. I can see being outraged at the 117-111 scorecard because there's no way that fight was that wide, but Lara has nobody here to blame but himself for running in the closing 2 rounds.

There's boxing and then there's running. Clearly, Lara was running. He barely threw **** while Canelo chased him and threw punches relentlessly, forcing the action, making the fight for those last 2 rounds. Lara did very well boxing effectively early and put himself in a good position by building an early lead, but once Canelo opened up and started landing those monster hooks to his body the fight changed completely.

The fight was up in the air for the final 2 rounds and I can't see how anybody would score them for Lara. He pulled a De La Hoya and ran away from the fight when he needed the rounds the most. That's unacceptable in a championship level fight, particularly from a guy whose public image is that of a strong-willed Cuban defector who prides himself on enduring any hardship to come out victorious.

The moment was there for Lara to stand his ground and make his statement, but instead of engaging and leaving the judge's with the right impression of his skill and talent, he ran away from the opportunity and gambled with the biggest fight of his life.
          Last edited by ßringer; 07-13-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

He leaped into the corner and knocked himself down. It was like a reverse Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              This is the only NSB thread on this fight I feel like commenting on, due to the posting credibility and personal integrity of the thread starter.

It comes as no surprise that those who were pulling for Lara (including the man himself) are now shouting about a "robbery." Those claims are absolute bull****, though. This was a close fight. I can see being outraged at the 117-111 scorecard because there's no way that fight was that wide, but Lara has nobody here to blame but himself for running in the closing 2 rounds.

There's boxing and then there's running. Clearly, Lara was running. He barely threw **** while Canelo chased him and threw punches relentlessly, forcing the action, making the fight for those last 2 rounds. Lara did very well boxing effectively early and put himself in a good position by building an early lead, but once Canelo opened up and started landing those monster hooks to his body the fight changed completely.

The fight was up in the air for the final 2 rounds and I can't see how anybody would score them for Lara. He pulled a De La Hoya and ran away from the fight when he needed the rounds the most. That's unacceptable in a championship level fight, particularly from a guy whose public image is that of a strong-willed Cuban defector who prides himself on enduring any hardship to come out victorious.

The moment was there for Lara to stand his ground and make his statement, but instead of engaging and leaving the judge's with the right impression of his skill and talent, he ran away from the opportunity and gambled with the biggest fight of his life.

Truest words in here all year

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post

Lara fans saying he slipped on water, his ass hit the corner before his feet hit the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post

Well said but I'm offended by the bolded......

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      No but I remember Canelo's wreckless ass throwing some ridiculously wild right hand that missed by a mile nearly sending himself over the top rope
                      Too bad Lara was too scared to do anything about it. I though ronnie shield said on all access while studying Canelo's tape he said that exact same thing and that Lara will counter the Ish out of him when he does that lol. Lara was too busy running to counter.

The lights got to him and he blew his only opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X