Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people say its a cherry pick fighting a fighter moving up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some people say its a cherry pick fighting a fighter moving up in weight?

Yet in the same breath say to be great you have to move up in weight?If you move up in weight and are a multi division champion how can anyone cherry pick you if you are in that division?

It does not make sense, especially when a fighter is moving up and there are a good amount of dangerous foes in that specific weight class.

In regards to Broner they feel like he is ducking 140 fighters by possibly moving up to 147. What they haven't considered, is those 140 fighters more than likely will move up sooner or later as well.

Comment

Floms: Pac moved up a few divisions, he is on PEDs.
      Floms: Floyd opponents moved in weight to fight him, they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
        I don't think that was the exact argument, alot of people saw that Pac moved up in weight and lost no speed, reflex or strength, if anything he GAINED in every form.

That doesn't mean Ped's though, Roy Jones did the same-thing when he moved up to HW...but Roy has been linked to steroids before.

Then there was also the accusations and denying Peds testing, if Floyd, Marquez, or any of my favorites refused testing I would start pointing fingers too.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          It does not make sense, especially when a fighter is moving up and there are a good amount of dangerous foes in that specific weight class.

In regards to Broner they feel like he is ducking 140 fighters by possibly moving up to 147. What they haven't considered, is those 140 fighters more than likely will move up sooner or later as well.
          Broner has only had 2 fights at 135 and he himself has said he wanted to go to 140.but the funny thing is a few months ago they were screaming for him to go to 147 to fight Guerrero
          Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          It is not the fact Manny moved up that made people think he was on PED'S..it was the fact he made a big deal bout taking PED tests

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
            I don't think that was the exact argument, alot of people saw that Pac moved up in weight and lost no speed, reflex or strength, if anything he GAINED in every form.

That doesn't mean Ped's though, Roy Jones did the same-thing when he moved up to HW...but Roy has been linked to steroids before.
            I never thought he was on PED'S until he and his team made 1000 excuses to avoid blood and urine testing..when Floyd sr was saying he was on that **** it was just funny to me

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
              I never thought he was on PED'S until he and his team made 1000 excuses to avoid blood and urine testing..when Floyd sr was saying he was on that **** it was just funny to me
              Yea I never considered it once before either, it was when they started to say that he's scared of needles, and then religion, and then he shouldn't have too....

The things about it is every excuse backfired..

1. Needles?? He has tatoos
              2. Religion?? He bleeds for a living..plus the tats

Comment

Who the hell knows?

Would I like to see Broner fight one more fight at 135, then move up up to 140 within in the year?

Hell yeah.

As of NOW, 140 is one of the most intriguing divisions in all of boxing.

But who is to say that the names at 140 that people would love to see Broner get tested against won't move up to 147 in the future, if indeed Broner fights Paulie fights at 147, and stays there.

Who is to say Broner couldn't beat Paulie at 147 (which he would, soundly), then move back down to 140?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Who the hell knows?

Would I like to see Broner fight one more fight at 135, then move up up to 140 within in the year?

Hell yeah.

As of NOW, 140 is one of the most intriguing divisions in all of boxing.

But who is to say that the names at 140 that people would love to see Broner get tested against won't move up to 147 in the future, if indeed Broner fights Paulie fights at 147, and stays there.

Who is to say Broner couldn't beat Paulie at 147 (which he would, soundly), then move back down to 140?
                  yea as far as GoldenBoy fighters at 140

Matthysee
                  Garcia
                  Khan

at 147

Guerrero
                  Paulie
                  Alexander

so either way he has some good matchups..but yea stop at 140 first why not

Comment

i guess it has to do with the timing..when the best availabe opponet was a real threat and you refused to fight him and then when next opponet is really not a threat and you become too eager to fight , people see that as a negative regardless what the rankings say...

Comment

Working...
                    X