Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frampton vs Rigondeaux and why I doubt it happens.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frampton vs Rigondeaux and why I doubt it happens.

First and foremost Frampton's unification fight last night was rather uneventful for 3 quarters of the scheduled 12 rounder. However they turned up the heat a few notches in the closing rounds; giving us all a glimpse of the fight that could have happened if only Quigg wasn't so weary in the first half of the fight. Afterall, he was the pressure fighter of the two and was expected to be the one pushing the action. Instead we had a shelled up Quigg throwing single punches while Frampton did his best to press the action and thus stealing away the first half of the dull fight with his limited attacks.

Rigondeaux hopped on his verbal offense and practically laughed at both fighters, claiming he would easily defeat both of them if ever they decided to go after the aging Cuban. However, even if Rigondeaux fans love to drink the Kool aid and arrogantly claim everyone is shaking in their boxing boots at the mere whisper of Guillermo's name, I have my doubts.

Although Rigondeaux's perhaps the most skilled fighter to have stepped inside of a ring in the division in some time, he is far from being untouchable and has been caught and dropped several times by lesser names. If anything I would love to see Frampton vs Rigondeaux myself but there is something in the way that Rigondeaux fans seem to conveniently overlook when mentioning the "cowards" of the division; RNS vs PBC and their little feud that was rooted since before both men dumped little fortunes into their respective boxing projects.

It's rather interesting to see such a situation because most of Gilluermo Rigondeaux fans seem to be anti Arum and pro Haymon themselves. Most of them bashed TR when Arum "blackballed" Rigondeaux from the sport after schooling his prized fighter in Nonito Donaire. Thus my confusion, if you follow the sport enough to call Guillermo "RiGodeaux", then I'm sure you are aware of the situation he has been in and currently remains at. He simply can't budge, he's stuck with RNS while all the big names are either over at TR or RNS' primary rival, PBC.

Truth of he matter is that Guillermo has no one else to blame but himself for being "avoided" and hardly ever landing any significant fights. Why? Because of his poor decision making. Instead of accepting several multi million dollar deals that would surely have given him the fights we wanted to see, he stayed with Caribe and ultimately landed on RNS. It's also interesting to see that the same man that most of Guillermo's fans seem to blame for their favorite fighter's uneventful career is the same man whom handed the Cuban his most lucrative fight, two belts and the more significant names that are listed in his resume. Since parting with TR and even before linking up with RNS, Guillermo has done little to nothing productive with his career and has even lost his bargaining chips in the process.

So yeah, personally I doubt the fight will ever happen. In fact I'm rather sure Guillermo has pretty much seen his best days in his pro career at this point. The Cuban escaped his homeland for better life opportunities and ended up becoming a prisoner of his own stupidity. How dissappointing.

It won't happen because there's no economic value in fighting Rigo. Like none.

Comment

He has 2 mandos, he has a choice to pick either Wake or Rigo

I wonder which one he'd pick...

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        It won't happen because there's no economic value in fighting Rigo. Like none.
        They ducking Rigondeaux doe.

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        He has 2 mandos, he has a choice to pick either Wake or Rigo

I wonder which one he'd pick...

on top of that he has the option to move up and choose from a plethora of names Haymon has residing at featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          Truth of he matter is that Guillermo has no one else to blame but himself for being "avoided" and hardly ever landing any significant fights. Why? Because of his poor decision making. Instead of accepting several multi million dollar deals that would surely have given him the fights we wanted to see, he stayed with Caribe and ultimately landed on RNS. It's also interesting to see that the same man that most of Guillermo's fans seem to blame for their favorite fighter's uneventful career is the same man whom handed the Cuban his most lucrative fight, two belts and the more significant names that are listed in his resume. Since parting with TR and even before linking up with RNS, Guillermo has done little to nothing productive with his career and has even lost his bargaining chips in the process.

So yeah, personally I doubt the fight will ever happen. In fact I'm rather sure Guillermo has pretty much seen his best days in his pro career at this point. The Cuban escaped his homeland for better life opportunities and ended up becoming a prisoner of his own stupidity. How dissappointing.
          Good post. I'll stick mainly to these last two paragraphs. I agree Rigo has no one to blame but himself for his career trajectory. He's tested my patience in the past, but that last snoozer really made me throw up my hands in disgust and resignation. There was absolutely no reason for him to put out that kind of effort. It was a slap in the face to even his diehard fans.

Frankly, I don't think Rigo is a dumb guy. He seems pretty quick-witted. I think it's a cultural thing with him. His reality seems opposed to the reality most of us know. Guille isn't alone. Gamboa is/was the same way. And it's not just Cubans in boxing, even guys like baseball star Yasiel Puig appear to have a hard time handling their existence outside of Cuba. Its just a shame. Rigo's talent is rare. We'll never know what could have been.

Comment

I don't like to mix and match issues. No one should get a pass for the shameful behavior and cowardice that took place in this weight division. Nonito Donaire took on the Rigondeaux fight when it offered him no economic value. You know why? Because he's a ****ing warrior, a future hall of famer, a real competitor and had the mentality of be the best or die trying.

I understand fully that Caribe is a team of incompetent leeches. But don't get it twisted. That doesn't change the fact that these cowards care more about getting the A-side dressing room than proving their skills against the lineal champion.

They literally ducked their way into a unification. Inexcusable.

Comment

Does Frampton have any power? I don't think he hurts Rigo or Rigo hurts him it would turn to a straight boxing match where Rigo schools him. But Frampton can fight Santa or even Mares if he wins and make alot more money
              Last edited by aldo5408; 02-28-2016, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Frampton will move to 126 look for Rigo vs Moises Flores for the WBA & Shingo Wake vs Albert Pagara for the IBF

Comment

I was a huge rigo fan but this sport needs to end the days of rewarding fighters who constantly put on boring performances.

I don't give a crap how good you are of I'm not entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Does Frampton have any power? I don't he hurts Rigo or Rigo hurts him it would turn to a straight boxing match where Rigo schools him. But Frampton can fight Santa or even Mares if he wins and make alot more money
                    It'd be a style match-up he'd hate

Comment

Working...
                    X