Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched The Full Pac-Cotto Fight Last Night!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    Caught the replay last night on HBO. I saw the fight on the net originaly and Ive watched a few replays on the net but I always stop after the 4th or 5th round because then I figure the excitment is over. Last night was the 1st time I watched the full fight since it happened and it was the 1st time Ive seen the fight in great quality and on a TV screen. Here are some extra things that stood out.

Pac made Cotto look so inferior that it was almost sad to watch. I think pretty much everyone thought that Cotto was the better pure boxer but Pac even beat him at that. Cotto's jab in that fight was so overrated. He was great with it in round 1 and only landed a few jabs after that. He landed some good ones here and there but for the most part it did nothing. Everyone was saying that if Cotto had stayed with the jab then the fight couldve been different. NOT TRUE. Cotto didnt just stop using the jab. Pac took it away. Pac took it away by hooking him off of it. That was so sad to see a supposed great boxer who was unbeaten and seemingly a beast, now getting clowned in the ring by this guy he was so sure he was going to beat. From the 3rd round on, Pac's speed & boxing skill was so crazy that he was hooking the **** out of Cotto's jab. Thats how the 1st knock down came. Cotto threw that jab and Pac countered it with the hook so quick that Cotto lost his balance and then Pac jumped on him. I think right then Cotto knew that Pac was the real deal and he did that same move a ton in this fight. You rarely seem someone be able to do that to a great fighter but he did it routinely with ease.

Pac went on his bike in round 6 or 7. Alot of people say that Cotto did well with this and if Floyd does that then he will kill Pac but Cotto actually did nothing. It only looked like he did better because he was just getting slaughtered anytime they went toe to toe. When he was running, Pac was walking him down and killing him. Cotto did just a couple of things but he never came close to winning any rounds while doing that. It was so sad seeing him almost being scared to death into running and the smaller man stopping and telling him to fight. That was straight embarrasing. Pac literaly stopped like 5 times. You could tell Pac felt bad for even doing that but he had no choice. Thats how bad Cotto ran.

Cotto's punches are too wide. I hate it when pros throw all there punches wide. The only punch Cotto throws straight is a jab. Again, people make a big deal about Pac taking Cotto's punches but they were nothing to take. He threw all of them wide. All of them were to the side of Pac's head and Pac had the ear muffs on. Thats how he busted his ear. Maybe he wouldve hurt Pac if he threw those flurries down the middle but you arent going to really hurt any elite fighter throwing all looping shots because theyre easy to block and even if they land, they dont hurt as much as getting hit square in the nose or face.

You also have to question the Margarito plaster thing again. Someone had a thread on here a couple of weeks ago jokingly saying that all these other guys must have had plaster because of what they did to there opponents and he showed pictures of guys busted up. Did you see Cotto after the fight? He looked ******ed. Seriously. Im not even saying that as a diss. I mean he literaly did. I hate seeing fighters look like that. Its like how Vargas started looking in every fight. All busted up and punch drunk. How come no one is saying Pac had plaster? Cotto's face wasnt that much different from the Margarito fight and Pac didnt even get to hit him as much as Margarito because Pac went to the bike early. Imagine if Pac got to hit him alot like Margarito? He wouldve looked like......... I dont even know. Cotto just cant take shots well, cant take pressure well, and bruises easily. He's been hurt alot in his career.

The fight shouldve definatly been stopped in round 9. It was over. You couldve even stopped it in the corner at round 8 but no longer than 9. Cotto had no chance of winning, was running for his life, was getting beat up bad, and had that ******ed punch drunk look on his face. You can literaly ruin a guy in those extra 3 rounds. I cant wait to see Floyd vs Pac. To me honestly, there is nothing more exciting in boxing than a speed matchup. Again, I was so impressed with the way Pac was hooking off that jab. He did that a ton to Hatton too. He's mastered it but can he do it with someone who has Floyd's speed & skill. Floyd also likes to do it too so who can do it to the other? Thats going to be great to see. How will Pac deal with Floyd's punches that will come down the pipe and not from the side like Cotto's? You know what is so funny about Pac now that no one talks about. He actually looks alot better as a counter puncher then he does when he's the aggressor? He's crazy good with the hooks and making you run into something but when he's coming forward then sometimes he has to lunge for you and make mistakes. That was a great fight though or atleast for 5 rounds
    That (in the bold and underline) right there is my thought exactly.

Cotto always does this ****! He was praised for it against Mosley (it would not have work there, but Mosley didn't throw), it would not have worked against Clottey (he didn't cut off the ring and throw either), and it did not work against Margarito.

I hope all Cotto fans have learn not to give this guy so much credit next time. Cotto can only fight to ways. If he can't bully you, he runs, plain and simple.

And for those that say, "just look what Cotto did when he started boxing, just imagine what Floyd would do", (this is not a shot at any Floyd fans, but a shot at anyone who thinks this) GET A CLUE!!!! Cotto did absolutly nothing in retreat mode!.....Nothing!

Comment

Cotto was just hurt cause of all his big fights. Cotto was fighting good, but speed and great work rate was what gave him problems and nobody has more of that than Pacquiao. Margarito had plaster and he never recover from that. Even though Clottey is one of the toughest fighters out there he was still not the same Cotto and the cut didn't help.

Theres not real super boxer, Manny is the closest think, but is more cause his ability than his skills. Manny just moves at a high pace brings lots of energy, moves to different angles and protects himself. He just surprised most people because he was able to take Cottos shot. People seem to forget that if he couldn't he might have been in real trouble. If Cotto manage to use his jab instead of slugging it out with pac he would've had some more chances to hurt Pacquiao. Remember Pacman was still hit hard if Cotto manage to box a little more he might had some other good rounds. But Cotto isn't the same so he has to protect himself more than he did. when he went toe to toe with Manny was that he got hurt and he never really recovered from that because he's fought too many strong fighters. Margarito fought Cotto and got hurt after that he got knocked out. Fighters can't take too much punishment without getting punish themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Mike View Post
        Cotto was just hurt cause of all his big fights. Cotto was fighting good, but speed and great work rate was what gave him problems and nobody has more of that than Pacquiao. Margarito had plaster and he never recover from that. Even though Clottey is one of the toughest fighters out there he was still not the same Cotto and the cut didn't help.

Theres not real super boxer, Manny is the closest think, but is more cause his ability than his skills. Manny just moves at a high pace brings lots of energy, moves to different angles and protects himself. He just surprised most people because he was able to take Cottos shot. People seem to forget that if he couldn't he might have been in real trouble. If Cotto manage to use his jab instead of slugging it out with pac he would've had some more chances to hurt Pacquiao. Remember Pacman was still hit hard if Cotto manage to box a little more he might had some other good rounds. But Cotto isn't the same so he has to protect himself more than he did. when he went toe to toe with Manny was that he got hurt and he never really recovered from that because he's fought too many strong fighters. Margarito fought Cotto and got hurt after that he got knocked out. Fighters can't take too much punishment without getting punish themselves.

All I read was, "manny is a workout warrior, no boxing skills. Cotto got hurt too much against margarito"

Comment

yea i think it definitely should have been stopped in the 8 th or 9 th

Comment

Manny could have stopped him earlier. He started going easy on Cotto, I wonder if he felt sorry for him.

Even Roach said "You're being too nice.. Tell him to do me a favor and knock this son of a ***** out".

Entertaining fight to watch regardless.

Comment

cotto got whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by snd_dsigner_dan View Post
                Bert Sugar said that he couldn't wait for the fight because it would look like something out of the Matrix.
                It will be a fight to behold. The elites of elites............NEO vs. Agent Smith.

Comment

Dlt thankls for indicating that Cotto cannot take punches well. I;ve been saying he has a fragile jaw all along.

Good job on noticing the looping hooks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Even Roach said "You're being too nice.. Tell him to do me a favor and knock this son of a ***** out".
                    At what point in the fight did that happen?

Comment

that round 4 knockout punch is now being called a "hookercut"

looked like a hook was bein thrown, landed like an uppercut.

crazy pac.

lol i've got the HBO and the Sky version of the fight on my comp.. i also find myself stoppin the fight after round 4.

actually the HBO version shown on TV right now had different scenes that weren't shown in the actual PPV.....i dunno if it's just me.

the one i watched last night showed ref Bayless actually tellin the cotto side "you've got to show me somthing or else I'm stoppin this fight"......

also showed a scene showin cotto's adopted kid covering his face. dont think i saw that on the net ppv fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X