Corrie Sanders appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
    Oleg wasnt born in the U.S.
    OLEG MASKAEV: I would say I’m a proud Russian American so right now I’m a citizen of America, of United States and this is it.
    Doesn't matter whether he was born there or not, if he wants to be an American then he is American.

He was born in Kazakhstan anyway which is a part of Asia.
    Last edited by TheGreatA; 07-13-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
      I don't know how that video proves the inferiority of European boxers, Oleg is American.

Tunney. You seem so ultra-defensive about European boxers. I don't know why that is.
      Manchine can be critical of who he wants. I don't really get from him that he has a particular bias against Europeans, maybe certain fighters (but who doesn't?) but necessarily Europeans.

Maybe I am reading you both wrong but that's my opinion

Comment

I don't know how that video proves the inferiority of European boxers, Oleg is American.
        Why do you pretend to be Finnish? Why not be honest about who and where you are?

One can see by your grammar that you're very likely an American, not a European with English as a second language. You're very predictable and consistent with your agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Sanders was good. If he got you early you were toast because of his heavy hands and very fast punch combos.
          His biggest problem was lack of training. He was kicking Rahman's ass from pillar to post for the first three rounds and he gassed out. If he would've bothered to train for Vitali he could've made it a more entertaining affair because he had Vitali in trouble in the first and never went down in that fight.
          He walked right through Wladmir. Wlad was down four times because he couldn't see the straight left missile coming at his head, not from some bs headbutt. Sanders was motivated and put it on the cold Wlad that night in Germany. Wlad's peeps wanted no part of him until Wlad got his confidence back years later.
          Considering he was a part time fighter 42 wins out of 46 fights and 30 ko's in the first three rounds isn't that bad of a resume.
          One thing is for sure, everytime you saw Sanders on HBO be it Rahman, Wlad, or Vitali fights, he made it entertaining even though he was never in the shape to war a full 12.

He had many flaws, defensively, but he had fast hands and some thunder in his left. And he warred when he had to and took big risks.

An exciting fighter for sure.
          ....Oh what could have been with that guy? Remember when he almost fought Roy Jones? Would Roy still be with us?

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
            ....Oh what could have been with that guy? Remember when he almost fought Roy Jones? Would Roy still be with us?
            If Sanders could touch him in the first three rounds, it would have been good night Roy Jones, sleeping with the fishes.
            But the way Sanders fought, if he didn't get Roy in the first three, I honestly think Roy could possibly win a decision.
            If Sanders got him, god damn. The man hits way harder than Tarver and is much bigger but he almost always gassed in longer fights- simply because he hadn't had that many in years.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              Tunney. You seem so ultra-defensive about European boxers. I don't know why that is.
              Manchine can be critical of who he wants. I don't really get from him that he has a particular bias against Europeans, maybe certain fighters (but who doesn't?) but necessarily Europeans.

Maybe I am reading you both wrong but that's my opinion
              I just think TheManchine should be honest about who he is, instead of pretending to be Finnish.

Did you know that from a user's IP address, the mods can easily find out someone's general location ? (country, province/state, city, town)

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                Why do you pretend to be Finnish? Why not be honest about who and where you are?

One can see by your grammar that you're very likely an American, not a European with English as a second language. You're very predictable and consistent with your agenda.
                Thanks for the compliment but I'm Finnish, live in Finland and English is my second language along with Swedish.

Et varmaan ymmärrä tästä tekstistä mitään mutta jos ymmärrät tai käännät jollain translaattorilla tai muulla vastaavalla, olet järkevämpi kuin ajattelin.
                Last edited by TheGreatA; 07-13-2008, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Doesn't matter whether he was born there or not, if he wants to be an American then he is American.

He was born in Kazakhstan anyway which is a part of Asia.
                  Oleg is an ethnic Russian, born in the USSR. The communists relocated millions of people to the various Soviet Republics such as Kazakhstan to try to eradicate nationalism.

He received Russian citizenship last year, in a sense returning to the country of his grandparents.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment but I'm Finnish, live in Finland and English is my second language along with Swedish.

Et varmaan ymmärrä tästä tekstistä mitään mutta jos ymmärrät tai käännät jollain translaattorilla tai muulla vastaavalla, olet järkevämpi kuin ajattelin.
                    Did you copy and paste the Finnish from a book?

You're not really fooling anyone.

Your grammar reveals certain "Americanisms", which differ slightly from the use of English grammar in the UK.

Anyway, don't forget the mods can trace your IP and see you're not in Finland.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                      Oleg is an ethnic Russian, born in the USSR. The communists relocated millions of people to the various Soviet Republics such as Kazakhstan to try to eradicate nationalism.

He received Russian citizenship last year, in a sense returning to the country of his grandparents.
                      Indeed but I still don't see how this makes him an European. He was born in Asia (Kazakhstan) and now lives in the US.

At worst making a joke about Oleg could make me anti-Russian, not anti-European.
                      I can honestly tell you that I'm neither, I just happened to find a video that I found funny and found this an appropriate thread to post it in, as this is a joke thread about the Klitschko's.

Did you copy and paste the Finnish from a book?

You're not really fooling anyone.
                      In English it means:
                      I doubt you understand anything about this text but if you do or use a translator or something else to translate it with, you are smarter than I thought you were.

Anyway, don't forget the mods can trace your IP and see you're not in Finland.
                      If they care enough to do that, they will find out that I live near Tampere, Finland. Finnish middleweight contender Amin Asikainen will fight here next month.
                      Last edited by TheGreatA; 07-13-2008, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X