No announcement yet.

canelo smaller then ggg.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    His fights with Angulo, Kirkland and Lara were all non-title fights. Weight is entirely up to the fighters in those situations. Fighters will fight at their most comfortable weight in those situations. He fought Cotto at a 155 limit which suited Miguel and he defended the belt at the same weight.

According to people around his camp, he's going to be making 154 and fighting there. What will be the issue then?

Again, a maximum weight of 155 is not middleweight.
    Uh yes it is. Well, if you want to be pedantic, its an agreed catchweight at the lower end of the middleweight division.

If he goes back to 154 I have no problem, the fight with Golovkin becomes irrelevant. Fighting in the middleweight division makes him relevant to Golovkin, as he is the middleweight kingpin. He may not be a middleweight right now, but he certainly fights at middleweight, for reasons unknown to nearly everyone but himself

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
      trout, angulo. the list goes on. they blow up past 168. is trout a middleweight? no. is kirkland a middleweight? no. maidana blows up past 160. is maidana a middleweight? no. just because canelo bloats up on the night of the fight doesn't = middleweight. in order to be a middleweight you have to fight middleweights at 160. this gives you the experience in the division. this is an advantage golovkin would have. do you think someone like canelo will give golovkin any sort of ounce of advantage over him?

lets be realistic about this stuff.
      What division does 155 lbs fall under?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        What's so special about a MW knocking out a WW

Charlo is the same size as Canelo, if not bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
          What division does 155 lbs fall under?
          i consider it a catch weight..........what else would you like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
            i consider it a catch weight..........what else would you like to know.
            What weight class does the WBC, WBA and IBF consider 155 to be?

Comment

who cares what official sanctioning bodies call it, this joker/hater with 0 rep and 3300+ posts gets to define it

Comment

it's a catch weight.............160 is middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
                  who cares what official sanctioning bodies call it, this joker/hater with 0 rep and 3300+ posts gets to define it
                  do you mean someone who has a mind of their own? someone who aren't dumb enough to call 155 "middleweight" as in the same weight class that golovkin competes at? yes.....in that case 155 is NOT middleweight. yes........common sense tiger.

and you are right. i am a joker. i have been clowning on u turds the entire thread but you don't get it LOL but i also speak logic and my honest views.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Charlo is the same size as Canelo, if not bigger.
                    Oh ok that shut me up. I didn't see the connection
                    That would be a good scrap then
                    Green k for putting me in my place

Comment

• Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                      race baiters, attention seekers, trolls. please stay out of thread.

is canelo really a middleweight? I say no. for me i look at things logically (thats why posters hate me) but canelo has never fought at 160. why should he go up to 160 and fight golovkin, a guy thats having it his way by asking a smaller fighter to move up? why should golovkin have it his way? shouldn't they meet at like 155 or 57.

that would be fair with no belts on the line (:
                      All canelo needs to do is move back down to 154 and say he doesn't want to fight at mw. Instead he is the lineal champ and trying to negotiate catchweights for fighters to either come up or move down. Honestly, if canelo actually stayed at 154 and fought top opposition at that weight...I'd have no problem with him trying to fight ggg at 157. It just seems like he's delaying the inevitable while trying to hold an advantage over anyone he faces.

Comment

Working...
                      X