Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Line. Do you think GGG can beat Canelo at 155?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG has made it clear he wants to be 160 king. Whilst nelo wants to be jack of all trades master of none.
    Best GGG at 160 and you will be p4p no1. Beat him at 155 you will remain outside top 10, until you prove yourself. You don't stop guys like SSM and have had many controversial decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Name the sources for the 150k figure and 900k figure.
      the same source you are using for the 97k figure is the same source that gave the 650k figure for Canelo vs. cotto. so my question is why you using one figure but not the other?

actually better yet, if you don't trust the source that gave 650k for that number why you use the 97k from the same source.

actually i'll tell you why... because it fits your narrative. you are an extremely inconsistent poster when it comes to facts. if it fits you will use it.

Comment

• I don't know, and I don't want to find out. Canelo has the 160 lb championship, I want that fight at 160

Comment

• I don't see why he couldn't. He and his team are on record saying they could get 1 lb lower without a problem.

Now is it right that he may have to go to 155, no. That said, if he wants the big payday that comes with a Canelo fight, you have to make some concessions.

Is it fair, no. But that's how it goes and I see NO reason why it should stop with GGG.

Comment

• GGG fans are hilarious talking about it's too dangerous to GGG's health to make 155. LMAO Yet this man himself spent all of last year calling out Floyd/Manny to fight him at 154 and has an interview where he said he's a small middleweight and can make 154 easy. Yet now 155 is dangerous to his health? Get the F outta here with that nonsense. He was willing to go one pound lower for Floyd he can easily do it for Canelo. Reality is setting in the fight is not happening at 160 it will be at a catchweight or no fight at all and he can continue fighting bums and he can explain to his fans why he said he would fight at 154 or 168 yet has turned down fights at 155 against Canelo and 168 against Ward.

Comment

• Honestly I don't want to see them fight at 155. I only want to see them if each is at their best. Frankly I'd give it one more year and I don't think Canelo will be able to make 155 anymore anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                GGG fans are hilarious talking about it's too dangerous to GGG's health to make 155. LMAO Yet this man himself spent all of last year calling out Floyd/Manny to fight him at 154 and has an interview where he said he's a small middleweight and can make 154 easy. Yet now 155 is dangerous to his health? Get the F outta here with that nonsense. He was willing to go one pound lower for Floyd he can easily do it for Canelo. Reality is setting in the fight is not happening at 160 it will be at a catchweight or no fight at all and he can continue fighting bums and he can explain to his fans why he said he would fight at 154 or 168 yet has turned down fights at 155 against Canelo and 168 against Ward.
                he never called out Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  He comes in consistently at 159.5 and rehydrates to 172. And he's shredded.
                  Over the last three years GGG has averaged 169 on fight night. 172 is the most he has ever weighed and if I remember correctly is the only time he came in over 170. I agree that at 155 he will be drained, but it won't make a difference in the outcome imo. It turns a 90/10 fight into an 80/20 fight imo.

Comment

• Its not fair GGG has to drain himself to 155 and then bloat himself to 168. He will move up oneday we know that.
                    For Floyd he was prepared to go down but nelo is big it isn't neccesary. How about GGG says he will get down to 155 but invariably doiesnt make it and then gets fined but fight goes ahead? It has happened in recent times.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 03-03-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      It's not a made up weight when that is the maximum weight your opponent can fight you in, it's just called a catchweight, but it's going to be sanctioned because it's still within Middleweight, per WBC's rules. Like Pac vs Cotto at 145 where the WBO sanctioned it, Pac vs Marg at 150 where the WBC sanctioned it, Cotto vs Martinez/Geale at 159/157 where WBC sanctioned it. It will be no different here, WBC will sanction a 155lb catchweight because it's still Middleweight. It's up to GGG to accept.

If the WBC sees GBP/DLH do their part and offer the fight and try, but K2/GGG decline, then I mean what's going to happen? Personally I think that Canelo will give up 156-157 maybe, I can see that. 155 is the start of negotiations, maybe he goes up a couple of pounds. But if he doesn't budge from 155, WBC can't do anything because that is MW and they're going on record saying 155 is fine and they will accept it, but ultimately it's their problem (GBP and K2), not theirs.
                      This is simply a lie. Canelo can weight 155 all he wants, but WBC will not agree with draining GGG to 155 or any weight below 160, unless Golovkin agrees to it himself. WBC acknowledges catchweights only if both fighters are in agreement. They can't force any weight other than division limit on any fighters and can't strip GGG of mandatory position if he refuses to be drained below division limit.
                      Last edited by mick1303; 03-03-2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X