No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Takam IBF Eliminator For Charles Martin Shot Looms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    I agree. It is the more logical route. I cringe cuz Hearn said in the last 4 months or so that Joshua beats Wildr today. Thats all.
    Yeah right, Joshua should take a pass on this opportunity and instead try and fight Wilder even though he's tied up with Povetkin. No wonder you're the only one on this site still supporting Amir Khan if you follow that kind of logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
      This is what i meant. joshua is ranked very high. So its not like they can avoid figting tough fights anymore.
      Really? We talking about the same sport?
      There's champions out there avoiding any kind of tough fight there's one in Joshuas division.

Comment

great fight, while he's nothing special takam is underrated imo.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Eddie Hearn say he didn't want to put Joshua in a tough fight because he got caught against Whyte. Takam would be tougher than Whyte so I don't see it.

Bum fight next.

Comment

If Joshua takes this fight i will be surprised, he's not ready to step up opposition of this quality, he should stick to guys on the level of Whyte.

Comment

Would rather he went for Euro title than straight up to world level.

He doesnt look ready to me.

If they go straight for a title I can see them doing a Wilder and just extending his apprenticeship stage while holding the belt hostage.

Comment

Joshua is ready for Takam, who is a legitimate contender. But I would hope he doesn't take the low road and fight for that worthless joke IBF belt. He should do the right thing and wait for his shot at the real champion, Fury or someone else if they should unseat Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  He might. But it makes sense to be sure or hope Wilder loses before he has to, right?

Yes.

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Yeah right, Joshua should take a pass on this opportunity and instead try and fight Wilder even though he's tied up with Povetkin. No wonder you're the only one on this site still supporting Amir Khan if you follow that kind of logic.

"route" was the operative word. WBC "route", IBF "route". I never meant Joshua should go call out Wilder. EBU title, a couple of defenses then of course move on.

Again, I'll cringe if they take it only because Hearn back in September said Wilder won't last 3 with Joshua. Sounds, like an easy title right? Otherwise this is the better route anyways.
                  Last edited by Box-Office; 01-26-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Definitely the step-up in competition that I've been waiting for.

Comment

Its a good fight. Joshua should win though.

Comment

Working...
                      X