No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Ruling Out Trout, Ready to Start Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Hah , I didn't think would stoop so low to use Trout's meaningless arrest as an excuse to avoid him.
    Amen brother. Legal problems in the US?? LOL!! Ok.

Anyway, I predict they'll just go ahead & fight some welterweight or smaller in March, just like they said they might do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
      I haven't heard any alternative to Trout or Cotto for May. Trout would be a good opponent and I hope it happens.

I don't understand why anyone is concerned about Alvarez having not faced an A list fighter- for me it just creates intrigue to watch him fight as he moves up in the quality of his opponents.

I'm glad there is a big name as young as Saul Alvarez, I hope we get a decade of good fights out of him.

I do agree he hasn't beaten anybody particularly dangerous, I still can't wait for his first really tough opponent. All that said I honestly didn't think that Baldomir could be KO'd using a sledge hammer, that's probably the most eye opening thing he's done imho.
      i think schaefer mentioned kirkland and angulo as possible opponents as well...which is meh imo since kirkland has been away for awhile and probably needs a tune up to test the shoulder out or whatever, and angulo didn't look that impressive in his last fight... but at least they'd be legit mw's.

Comment

People really shouldn't sleep on Angulo if that fight gets made. 1 of those short power punches from him is harder than probably any punch ginger has ever been hit with. And he isn't hard to hit.

Comment

Canelo can break bread with whoever he likes.

Mayweather uses his name to fatten his pockets, So canelo gonna give whoever he likes a paycheck aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            People really shouldn't sleep on Angulo if that fight gets made. 1 of those short power punches from him is harder than probably any punch ginger has ever been hit with. And he isn't hard to hit.
            true....would be interesting to see how canelo reacts to getting hit by a legit mw who can PUNCH and can take a punch in return.

Comment

Trout "Legal Troubles in the United States". Man, they are full of crap. Everything was dropped, over, done with in less than a few hours. How the hell is that Legal Troubles???

Comment

So Malignaggi it is then. @ Trouts legal troubles, last I heard the public intoxication charge was dropped but I guess any excuse to get out of fighting a legit SWW is ok huh

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  Canelo can break bread with whoever he likes.

Mayweather uses his name to fatten his pockets, So canelo gonna give whoever he likes a paycheck aswell.
                  Canelo can break bread with Cheech Marin if he likes, but it won't make him a Global Superstar more than givin another old guy a pat on the back.
                  Last edited by RL_GMA; 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

The Racket Squad: No Trout As Main Dish

An inside Gym Rat informed me that the Golden Boy party line to the press is that Austin is 'not ruled out'.

Yes he is.

That fight would be signed in 20 minutes for a half mil guarantee.

Oscar wants him for Josesito Lopez cash (around 230 Grand) and Trout is worth every cent of a half way to millionaire pay night.
                    Austin also a realist.
                    He best Cotto soundly and no line formed at his door.

It's called arrogant, self serving greed and De La Hoya and Saul are the very faces of the imposing exploitation inherent in the game right now.

Angulo is being considered for a $170,000 promise but don't hold your breath on that one either.

What a Racket.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
                      I haven't heard any alternative to Trout or Cotto for May. Trout would be a good opponent and I hope it happens.

I don't understand why anyone is concerned about Alvarez having not faced an A list fighter- for me it just creates intrigue to watch him fight as he moves up in the quality of his opponents.

I'm glad there is a big name as young as Saul Alvarez, I hope we get a decade of good fights out of him.

I do agree he hasn't beaten anybody particularly dangerous, I still can't wait for his first really tough opponent. All that said I honestly didn't think that Baldomir could be KO'd using a sledge hammer, that's probably the most eye opening thing he's done imho.
                      I agree, but you forgot to mention one thing.

I'm very glad to see a young fighter gradually step up in competion, take his time and build up his confidence.

But, I quote Sergio Martinez (speaking about Chavez jr) ' When you are a champion, you have to fight the best, you learn before becoming a champion'.

Comment

Working...
                      X