No announcement yet.

Lettuce B Reality; Cotto can beat pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettuce B Reality; Cotto can beat pac

Should they rematch. He has all the tools, what led to his downfall was trying to push manny around/bully him, he opened himself up and got caught. He was boxing quite well with manny then, and his footwork and angles is 100 times better. Depending on how he approaches the fight, he can beat pacquiao.

I want to see this rematch

His angles are better than Pacquiao's? Really?

I think he can do better but he still has trouble balancing between his offense and defense. I still think Pacquiao's definitely too much and don't really have much interest in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      His angles are better than Pacquiao's? Really?

I think he can do better but he still has trouble balancing between his offense and defense. I still think Pacquiao's definitely too much and don't really have much interest in a rematch.
      Guess i was confusing, cottos angles/footwork now is 100 times better than it was in the pac fight.

Nobody is really gonna beat up on pacquio, but he can be outboxed. Cotto outboxed him a few rounds, got too confident and got caught with crazy punches. But he can be outboxed, and cotto does have the counter punching/boxing style that could beat pac. Plus, if last saturday is any indication, cottos right hand is back. It would be a way different fight imo.

Comment

Too add a comment, though it wasnt entirely the same, the cotto that we saw saturday reminded me very much of the cotto that fought mosley. just sayin.

Comment

have em rematch at 154 no catchweight. that way pacquiao can legitamize his 8th title if he beats cotto. which i think he will again.

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          Too add a comment, though it wasnt entirely the same, the cotto that we saw saturday reminded me very much of the cotto that fought mosley. just sayin.
          yeah but you got to remember that was a shot margs. let's see how he does against chavez jr or alvarez, and then we'll see how much cotto got left. i would really love to see cotto take that chavez jr fight, i think he has a great chance at beating julio.
          Last edited by chiguy91; 12-06-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            have em rematch at 154 no catchweight. that way pacquiao can legitamize his 8th title if he beats cotto. which i think he will again.
            not at 154 he wont

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Guess i was confusing, cottos angles/footwork now is 100 times better than it was in the pac fight.

Nobody is really gonna beat up on pacquio, but he can be outboxed. Cotto outboxed him a few rounds, got too confident and got caught with crazy punches. But he can be outboxed, and cotto does have the counter punching/boxing style that could beat pac. Plus, if last saturday is any indication, cottos right hand is back. It would be a way different fight imo.
              I hear what you're saying and I agree to an extent. Especially the right hand, Cotto would need that BADLY against Pacquiao.

But I just don't think he can keep up with Pacquiao, I feel like Pacquiao would get to him.

I definitely think it could look like a completely different fight though.

Comment

Cotto's downfall was Joe FKN Santiago.

I wouldn't say he'd certainly beat Pacquiao but he would make it a close fight with Diaz in his corner and has a good chance of beating Pacquiao @ 147-150.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  yeah but you got to remember that was a shot margs. let's see how he does against chavez jr or alvarez, and then we'll see how much cotto got left. i would really love to see cotto take that chavez jr fight, i think he has a great chance at beating julio.
                  Im not so sure i buy into marg being shot. Styles make fights, and thats just margs style. He's gonna keep coming, and he is gonna keep throwing. Plaster or not, he still has power. Nothing flashy, hes just a workhorse.

Chavez jr would be another tough tough fight. Everytime i see him fight, he has improved. His body work is wicked, which is worrysome for cotto, tho i think cotto can outbox him.

Regardless, cotto needs to get back to putting work in on the body

Comment

Cotto can outbox Pacman. He lost because he thought he was the bigger man. If Cotto boxes off the backfoot, which he can do & turns Pacman he beats him. Pacman cannot cut off the ring, he has to be set to punch & his footwork only looks good against fighters that are stationary.

Comment

Working...
                    X