Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Kovalev Destroys Nathan Cleverly - Mega Gallery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Kovalev Destroys Nathan Cleverly - Mega Gallery

Nathan Cleverly's unbeaten record went up in smoke as impressive Russian Sergey Kovalev took his WBO light-heavyweight title off him with a destructive fourth-round stoppage in Cardiff. The 26-year-old Welshman had been seeking headline unification fights in America and was under pressure to impress an American audience at the Motorpoint Arena being televised across the Atlantic.

However, Kovalev, a narrow favourite with some bookmakers, tore up the script in the Welsh capital by flooring Cleverly twice in the third round and forcing a stoppage in the next session to disappoint the thousands of Cleverly fans and take the title. Oddsmakers had struggled to split the pair ahead of what promised to be the hardest of Cleverly's six world title defences so far. [Click Here To Read More]

I was hoping to see a picture of the Ref carrying Cleverly back to his corner after the 3rd round.

Comment

Comment

i liked watching cleverly rise early in his career...but as time went on his opponents have been limited for too long and along with that inflated his ego..
        i never believed his dad being his trainer was a good base either
        He had no head movement last night, no lateral movement either, his only way to have any chance was to box smart and move but he resorted to his stand and try and duck away from shots in that unconvincing style.
        Also considering the "saving" mood the ref was in surprised he didnt try and call a DQ for punches thrown whilst clev was down......
        Kovalev can punch and those shots that caught clev on the top of the head scrambled him good!

Comment

Originally posted by bionicbantam View Post
          i liked watching cleverly rise early in his career...but as time went on his opponents have been limited for too long and along with that inflated his ego..
          i never believed his dad being his trainer was a good base either
          He had no head movement last night, no lateral movement either, his only way to have any chance was to box smart and move but he resorted to his stand and try and duck away from shots in that unconvincing style.
          Also considering the "saving" mood the ref was in surprised he didnt try and call a DQ for punches thrown whilst clev was down......
          Kovalev can punch and those shots that caught clev on the top of the head scrambled him good!
          No excuses, Kolavev exposes that hype job 10 out of 10 times.

Comment

As soon as I realized Cleverly would not box and move I bet some money on Kovalev. Cleverly's style was perfect for a puncher like him. I just regret forgetting to bet E-points.

Comment

Sweet tapdancing.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                Thanks lol

Disappointing performance from Cleverly, could've won if he sticked to the gameplan and not stay inrange with Kovalev

Comment

No. Kovalev is the better boxer and puncher. Cleverly's "skill" consists of a jab, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                    could've won if he sticked to the gameplan and not stay inrange with Kovalev
                    could've won if he was a completely different boxer, then

Comment

Working...
                    X