No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Leans on Gesta, Not Erik Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ONEBOX
    point i was trying to make was that when maquez was begging erik for a fight erik was on top on his game. at this stage marquez will not be able to get any big fight just like erik besides a 4th fight with manny. so i dont get why marquez would blow erik off when marquez is in the very same situation erik is in. and thats why i dont get why marquez would avoid this version of erik when i favor marquez to beat him. but blowing him off because he did that to u years ago just doesnt add up to me because marquez aint on top right now. if marquez was really trying to get back at erik for blowing him off before then marquez would take this fight and whoop on erik dont u think?
    Marquez makes some questionable business decisions like choosing John over Pac for less money if im not mistaken. It has nothing to do with fear obviously since Marquez has fought Pac 3 times now. I agree that Morales is a bigger fight than Gesta but im just saying I doubt its because Marquez is worried or doubts himself.

Comment

i would have rather seen an all mexican war, but marquez gesta is not a bad fight.

if pac loses to bradley, mayber a marquez el terrible matchup in the fall......

Comment

The fight with morales would be the money maker but morales should look intoa strength and conditioning coach that extra coating around his abs seems to hold him down and it dosen't really make sense for them to fight at this point erik's career so maybe gesta is the right fight now.

Comment

Gesta is the more competitive fight, and one that serves both fighters well. But Morales is the legacy pick, just to say he fought them all, regardless of expiration date.

Tough choice from a fan perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by ONEBOX
            i dont know though, just like how marquez is to pac. pac can run thru all these guys but when he gets in there with marquez its a close fight. i truely believe maybe marquez might have doubt about this happening to him with erik. of course at this stage i pick marquez to win but maybe erik have the style to trouble or beat marquez?
            I guess u never know but I doubt that.

Comment

GESTA WHO??? Seriously?!!? STUPID! Undefeated & Beaten WHO?

Marquez.... I'm starting to lose respect for this RUBE. He's had 3 shots at Pacquiao. Ask Dela Hoya, he barely had one shot at Mayweather. How many shots at Pacquiao do you need, before you get the result YOU want?????? What if the 4th shot ends the same way; will you pound the table you need a fifth? So you want to fight this no-name Gesta, who's young and beaten nobody, got his hands on yet one of many belts floating around out there today, calling himself an Undefeated Champion.... he's a lefty, and you think after 3 battles with Pacquiao, you NEED a lefty to prepare for a MAYBE FIGHT with Pacquiao the end of the year?!!? That's BS. You don't know how to fight a lefty by now? You can't bring lefty's into the gym to prepare for your MAYBE FIGHT with Manny? Stupid..... What this REALLY tells me, is Marquez doesn't want a war with Morales, who he's had bad blood with, for fears it may take too much out of him before a MAYBE FIGHT with Pacquiao.... or worse, he LOSES to Morales. Stupid, and I'm losing respect for Marquez. Aside from his losses to Mayweather and Pacquiao, a fight with Morales isn't the biggest fight out there by far????? Everyone will buy that fight; nobody is going to buy that Gesta-Who fight!

Comment

Good. I never wanted Morales-Marquez even though the sentiment is alright, Morales was faded when Pac beat him years ago...he really shot now...dude lost 6 of 7 fights...5 years ago...is 4-2 in his recent fights with wins against cans. 10-9 in his last 19 fights and he is getting title shots....gtfo with that bull****

Marquez should beat the tar outta Gesta and any other Pinoy prospect he can get his hands on. Revenge for the robberies against Pac.
                Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 05-18-2012, 09:21 AM.

Comment

How are people fooling themselves into believing the Gesta fight could be competitive? The kid started boxing at the age of 20 or so and his D sucks...

Comment

at cowboys stadium?

you have got to be kidding me

****in el terrible morales, bros.
                    win lose or draw that's going to be great viewing.

start banging the drums

Comment

I'm a lil aggravated at the career path of JMM. In his last 3 fights he's fought 2 nobodies and Pac in between. We boxing fans pick apart the choices that everyone else makes but this dude gets to fight bums???? Mayweather has to fight Pac or Martinez. Manny has to fight Floyd and no one else. Martinez has to fight a HW. Canelo needs to finally fight a real LMW. Ward needs to fight Bute or Dawson. Klitz bros needs to fight someone with a pulse. Donaire needs to fight someone his size. Khan needs to fight his tears. Lamont needs to fight the doctor that gave him the pellets....

But JMM can do this dumb chit and its ok? Fudge that!! Fight Judah or STFU. Its the perfect fight for him (fast lefty) if he's looking to get robbed against Pac again. You will never KO Manny and NEVER EVER get a UD wether you deserve it or not. Stop being a frickin stalker for dammit's sake....

Comment

Working...
                      X