Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Video: Luis Resto talks about Antonio Margarito, Billy Collins Documentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video: Luis Resto talks about Antonio Margarito, Billy Collins Documentary

Hey guys, enjoy the video and make sure to follow me on Twitter: @Ryan********

There was nothing similar between the two. If you're going to cover boxing, you should cover it right.

Resto had the padding taken out of his gloves and his hands dipped in actual plaster till it hardened.

Margarito had old knuckle pads instead of new made ones which the commission signed off on.

Comment

He is quite the taino indian indeed.

Comment

I'm torn on how I feel about Resto. I watched the documentary like a year or two ago and I can see he is still haunted by what he did up to his day but then again I can't seem to forgive him. He ruined not only a promising career but a life and everyone related to it. Sad, sad story.

As far as the video goes, great interview.

You should set up a Facebook page and promote your stuff on Ellies FB as well since you two have a similar style of interviewing. You could also use the page to keep people updated on new videos and stuff. Boxing really needs as many people as possible to spread the word and keep it on the mainstream eye.

EDIT: Just got to the Margarito part, I find his take on the situation quite interesting. When you think about it, it's kind of shameful how Margaritos scandal just faded away and he's out there smiling and fighting like nothing happened. I think the punishment should've been a tad more severe and by the way I'm a Margarito fan, just saying.
        Last edited by Explosions; 08-20-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NET View Post
          There was nothing similar between the two. If you're going to cover boxing, you should cover it right.

Resto had the padding taken out of his gloves and his hands dipped in actual plaster till it hardened.

Margarito had old knuckle pads instead of new made ones which the commission signed off on.
          Well you're obviously an Antonio Margarito sympathizer, and that's cool. The only issiebwith your statement is that Margarito was found to have had the chemical components that comprise plaster in his handwraps.

You don't get suspended for a year for "old knuckle pads."

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas View Post
            I'm torn on how I feel about Resto. I watched the documentary like a year or two ago and I can see he is still haunted by what he did up to his day but then again I can't seem to forgive him. He ruined not only a promising career but a life and everyone related to it. Sad, sad story.

As far as the video goes, great interview.

You should set up a Facebook page and promote your stuff on Ellies FB as well since you two have a similar style of interviewing. You could also use the page to keep people updated on new videos and stuff. Boxing really needs as many people as possible to spread the word and keep it on the mainstream eye.

EDIT: Just got to the Margarito part, I find his take on the situation quite interesting. When you think about it, it's kind of shameful how Margaritos scandal just faded away and he's out there smiling and fighting like nothing happened. I think the punishment should've been a tad more severe and by the way I'm a Margarito fan, just saying.
            Thanks a lot for the kind words. Elie is a nice guy, I've met and hung out with him on a few occasions and respect what he does. I don't wanna steal his shine at all so I'm going to let him do his thing and I'll do mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas View Post
              Im not...hes a lier...he lied and cheated for the fight

Then during the documentary he still gets shown up as a lier....

What reason do i have to believe anything he says.....and even feel sorry for a guy like that

fuK him

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                Well you're obviously an Antonio Margarito sympathizer, and that's cool. The only issiebwith your statement is that Margarito was found to have had the chemical components that comprise plaster in his handwraps.

You don't get suspended for a year for "old knuckle pads."
                You also don't get suspended a year for plaster.

How do you find chemical components that supposedly make up plaster, without finding the plaster itself?

Margarito must be the Mexican equivalent of Alfred Einstein to pull off that kind of trickery.

Totally different situations and for you to chalk it up to me being a sympathizer reveals your laziness. You need to have a more discerning eye regarding your neophyte attempt at journalism.

Good day.

Comment

Originally posted by NET View Post
                  You also don't get suspended a year for plaster.

How do you find chemical components that supposedly make up plaster, without finding the plaster itself?

Margarito must be the Mexican equivalent of Alfred Einstein to pull off that kind of trickery.

Totally different situations and for you to chalk it up to me being a sympathizer reveals your laziness. You need to have a more discerning eye regarding your neophyte attempt at journalism.

Good day.
                  Thank you for your viewership, but I'm not sure why you're grasping onto some semantic disagreement to push some agenda.

You don't get suspended for old handwraps, that just doesn't happen. To assume that the fact that Margarito was caught before the fight with Mosley as opposed to after played no part in his punishment is nice also. Why hasn't Javier Cappetillo been reinstated if they were just old handwraps?

I've learned not to take it personal when anonymous people on forums with 20 posts take shots at me.

But have a good day still.

Comment

I find it ironic that the TS criticizes Margarito but yet is a fan of Pryor who happens to of had Panama Lewis as a trainer and the mysterious "mixture" drink against Arguello.

Thanks for the video though.

Comment

Working...
                    X