No announcement yet.

De la Hoya: Pacquiao-Mayweather almost a done deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
    Maybe. Just hope this fight gets signed!
    same here

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    Maybe Hoya trying to circumvent his own gag order by speaking in Spanish, hoping the world wont understand.
    lol maybe but if this is true i kinda wish he would have kept his mouth shut until it was a done deal.

Comment

I hate to say it but for all of the commotion this fight, if it actually happens, could end up being quite nothing as we're building it up to be. Floyd Mayweather will likely win by staying in his defensive/tactical pocket for a decision against Pacquiao.

Seriously, does anyone truly believe the hype that we have a potential FOTY from these two together?

Comment

Originally posted by El Diablito View Post
        I hate to say it but for all of the commotion this fight, if it actually happens, could end up being quite nothing as we're building it up to be. Floyd Mayweather will likely win by staying in his defensive/tactical pocket for a decision against Pacquiao.

Seriously, does anyone truly believe the hype that we have a potential FOTY from these two together?
        IMHO its going to be a fight for three rounds...then May will go into his counter punch fury and pot shot to a 8 rounds to 4 UD. I think Pac leaves him self open for a lot of right counters as well as uppercuts (see the cotto fight) Floyd will take advantage of that, but thats if Pac dont put fire to him in the first 3 rounds...Pac has to win the fight in the first three or he will not win.

Comment

sportscenter reported this this morning... i sure hope DLH is not BSing us..

Comment

I do not believe DLH is involved. Top Rank has Pacquaio and Mayweather is on his own (sometimes gets advice from GBP, but can do his own thing)

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
              MANILA, Philippines – Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar de la Hoya spilled the beans on the confidential negotiations for the super showdown between top pound-for-pound fighters Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

In an interview with Spanish broadcasting network Univision, de la Hoya said they are “very close in finalizing the contracts that were once very complicated.”

“I think right now we are very, very close in finalizing the contracts. I can't talk right now in detail about the negotiations but I will say that we are very close,” de la Hoya was quoted by TheBoxingTruth.com.

The negotiations are being done by Pacquiao’s promoter, Top Rank, Inc. big boss Bob Arum, and Mayweather’s representative, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.

“Up until now, it's been a very difficult negotiation process for various reasons but right now we're very close,” added de la Hoya.

Seven-division world champion Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao

Pacquiao and Mayweather were supposed to face off last March 13 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. But fight talks collapsed because the boxers disagreed on the drug testing protocol

Pacquiao refused to undergo the Olympic-style drug testing procedure, but reversed his stand as long as the blood test would be conducted 14 days before the fight.

Mayweather, who had been silent since Pacquiao’s agreement to undergo blood testing, then made waves with his pronouncement that he would be taking a break from boxing.

Despite this, Arum said the Pacquiao-Mayweather blockbuster bout was still in the cards.

“The two fighters now realize that this fight must be made. It has to be made because the boxing fans want to see it happen and right now it's the biggest fight that can be made in the world,” continued de la Hoya.

The Mexican-American boxing legend, who suffered his last 2 career losses to Mayweather and Pacquiao, stated: “It's going to be a big, big fight!”

source: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b4ybz
              I hope DLH ain't bull****ing because I want to see this fight. I'm sure Pacquiao will beat Mayweather then all these MAyweather fanboys who be on Floyd's nuts will realize that Floyd ain't the best boxer we seen yet.

**** gets so annoying because the bigger star is clearly Pacquiao!

Comment

Originally posted by robboxing View Post
                I do not believe DLH is involved. Top Rank has Pacquaio and Mayweather is on his own (sometimes gets advice from GBP, but can do his own thing)
                If you didn't know. Yes, GBP is involved. LOL

Comment

I won't believe anything until both fighters have signed the contract......

Comment

IMO I think ODH is being straight (no pun intended). Notice how in the last 7-10 days floyd sr. has been poppin a lot of ****. I don't think he would do this if there was no fight.

Comment

Originally posted by robboxing View Post
                      LOL... no dude, mayweather promotions is not handling this one..
                      this is probably the biggest fight in boxing history, yes DLH of GBP is involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X