Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Of Chris Byrd Stood Any Chance Against Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    I think lewis and his team wanted no part of bryd, lewis had never faced anything like chris bryd before and i think manny steward knew even if lennox beat byrd he would look terrible doing. I rewatched bryd vs vitali for the first time in years and was shocked at how much trouble bryd could give a guy that size. I have started watching more old fights of bryd again in his prime, he was so skillfull! like a throwback to the charley burley and joe walcot era
    your correct.. Vitali built up a big lead against Byrd then Byrd started coming on and driving Vitali backwards and that ment Vitali could not fight.. i don't go along with the shoulder-injury theory IMO Vitali was knackered and Byrd was in the driving seat, Vitali never rematched Byrd he got his younger brother to beat him, Vitali retired claiming injury when he had to fight official No1 contender Hasim Rahman and waiting in semi-retirement till his brother Wlad beat Rahman for him...These injuries Vitali suffers are fabricated so that he can avoid the best fighters in the WBC ratings and just fight bums and journeymen or opponents his brother has already hammered... Lewis and his trainer Manny Stewart knew that Chris Byrd would pose huge problems for them and would make Lewis look terrible which is why they ditched the belt.. i don't and never have believed the rubbish about Vitali having a "Great Chin" Vitali has never fought any top fighters to have his chin tested and he knew that Hasim Rahman would test it so never fancied the job

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      your correct.. Vitali built up a big lead against Byrd then Byrd started coming on and driving Vitali backwards and that ment Vitali could not fight.. i don't go along with the shoulder-injury theory IMO Vitali was knackered and Byrd was in the driving seat, Vitali never rematched Byrd he got his younger brother to beat him, Vitali retired claiming injury when he had to fight official No1 contender Hasim Rahman and waiting in semi-retirement till his brother Wlad beat Rahman for him...These injuries Vitali suffers are fabricated so that he can avoid the best fighters in the WBC ratings and just fight bums and journeymen or opponents his brother has already hammered... Lewis and his trainer Manny Stewart knew that Chris Byrd would pose huge problems for them and would make Lewis look terrible which is why they ditched the belt.. i don't and never have believed the rubbish about Vitali having a "Great Chin" Vitali has never fought any top fighters to have his chin tested and he knew that Hasim Rahman would test it so never fancied the job
      You honestly think Hasim Rahman could beat Vitali?

Comment

No he wouldnt have.He may have made lewis look bad but would gradually get beaten up by the much bigger man

Comment

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
          No he wouldnt have.He may have made lewis look bad but would gradually get beaten up by the much bigger man
          That clown who you have in your avatar was a pro boxer who fought at middleweight he had 15 pro fights won 5 on points and lost 5 by KO with 5 drawn.. he then took a load of steroids so that he bulked up to 18st and worked as a bouncer beating up drunks coz the boxing business was too tough for him... size means nothing and it certainly don't win fights otherwise Antonio Margarito & Audley Harrison would have won their world title fights last weekend, speed & skills win fights and Chris Byrd was vastly superior to Lennox Lewis in both departments
          Last edited by JAB5239; 11-22-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrebvsTunney View Post
            When they were ment to of fought? Would you give Byrd a shot at pulling the upset off?
            Not at all.

Comment

your a size idiot.. That clown who you have in your avatar was a pro boxer who fought at middleweight he had 11 pro fights won 5 on points and lost 5 by KO with a 4rd draw.. he then took a load of steroids so that he bulked up to 18st and worked as a bouncer beating up drunks coz the boxing business was too tough for him... size means nothing and it certainly don't win fights otherwise Antonio Margarito & Audley Harrison would have won their world title fights last weekend, speed & skills win fights and Chris Byrd was vastly superior to Lennox Lewis in both departments
              Apparently Bryd thought size meant something. He dropped back down to 175 where he thought he had a better chance.

Comment

Yes he would have stood a chance and it would have been a good competitive fight, but I could also see Lennox knocking him out.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                  Yes he would have stood a chance and it would have been a good competitive fight, but I could also see Lennox knocking him out.
                  i agree that it would have been a very competitive fight and like you i think Lewis would have won yet Lewis never fancied the job otherwise he would have fought Byrd and held onto the titles just like he never fancied the job against Ruiz who Lewis again would be favorite to beat.. i don't see how fighting Michael Grant & Frans Botha was worth losing 2 versions of the world title.. Grant & Botha was also not huge money fights for Lewis so he should have fought those No1 contenders then you ask yourself who was the harder fights for Lewis Grant & Botha or Byrd & Ruiz
                  Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 11-22-2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

i agree that it would have been a very competitive fight and like you i think Lewis would have won yet Lewis never fancied the job otherwise he would have fought Byrd and held onto the titles just like he never fancied the job against Ruiz who Lewis again would be favorite to beat.. i don't see how fighting Michael Grant & Frans Botha was worth losing 2 versions of the world title.. Grant & Botha was also not huge money fights for Lewis so he should have fought those No1 contenders then you ask yourself who was the harder fights for Lewis Grant & Botha or Byrd & Ruiz
                    I believe that Ruiz would beat Lennox and I believe Lennox believed that as well which is why it never happened.

Grant and Botha were the easier fights at the time which is why Lennox fought them. Lennox didn't care about being in competitive fights as much as he did just winning and getting paid.

Comment

your a size idiot.. That clown who you have in your avatar was a pro boxer who fought at middleweight he had 15 pro fights won 5 on points and lost 5 by KO with 5 drawn.. he then took a load of steroids so that he bulked up to 18st and worked as a bouncer beating up drunks coz the boxing business was too tough for him... size means nothing and it certainly don't win fights otherwise Antonio Margarito & Audley Harrison would have won their world title fights last weekend, speed & skills win fights and Chris Byrd was vastly superior to Lennox Lewis in both departments
                      Why are there weight classes in boxing? Robinson had greater skills than Marciano but would he beat Marciano if they fought? I doubt it. Byrd was KO'd by Ike, lost nearly every round to Vitali before his shoulder gave way, lost every round to his brother in his next fight, and got KO'd by Wlad in their rematch a few years later. Clearly size has its limits.

As for the fight in question, Lewis probably would have won, although Byrd would have made him look bad in doing so. He was like Jimmy Young, hard to look good against.

Comment

Working...
                      X