No announcement yet.

Sanchez: If Eddie would've offered DeGale, we would've fought DeGale at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Abel , but seriously STFU

why not ask about Degeale once the Eubank fight fell through instead of jumping at the opprotunity to fight a WW

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post

why not ask about Degeale once the Eubank fight fell through instead of jumping at the opprotunity to fight a WW
      Reminds of this joke where a guy sees a Mercedes and says, "You know I test drove that model last year."
      And, the other guy replies, "But you went with your 88' Corola instead, huh?"

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        They didn't even TRY to work anything out with Ramirez, before he was injured. Sanchez talked big to get people hyped, but it was all a bluff. If you're a Sanchez fan, then you're always going to look like a fool because Sanchez says stupid, contradictory shyt all the time. You can be a Golovkin fan without having to be a Sanchez fan. I believe in you man, transcend the golovkin fan stereotype!
        Sanchez only wants to say stuff to keep Golovkin in the radar. He always say Golovkin can beat anyone from 154 to 168, etc.

Things were going good to fight Eubank jr. Such a shame that something fishy happened in the middle of that. There was an agreement. Then Eubank sr said something like "we need to re talk the agreement, the fighter needs to control more, I want to change the game, if the fight doesn't happen is because of Sky" etc... after that what we know is that Brook accepted the original deal that Eubank sr tried to change.

It's not that I will blame Golovkin to be honest. I would blame all the MW's that are waiting for GGG to get old.

I hope that I'm not having double standards. I think I don't have. I expect every other MW to face him but they don't wanna. And I don't know about his chances at 168/175. I would prefer him to stay at MW until he can shut everyone's mouths and then move up. But you know this song already.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Sanchez only wants to say stuff to keep Golovkin in the radar. He always say Golovkin can beat anyone from 154 to 168, etc.

Things were going good to fight Eubank jr. Such a shame that something fishy happened in the middle of that. There was an agreement. Then Eubank sr said something like "we need to re talk the agreement, the fighter needs to control more, I want to change the game, if the fight doesn't happen is because of Sky" etc... after that what we know is that Brook accepted the original deal that Eubank sr tried to change.

It's not that I will blame Golovkin to be honest. I would blame all the MW's that are waiting for GGG to get old.

I hope that I'm not having double standards. I think I don't have. I expect every other MW to face him but they don't wanna. And I don't know about his chances at 168/175. I would prefer him to stay at MW until he can shut everyone's mouths and then move up. But you know this song already.
          I have faith that Genady could clean up 168 if he did it NOW. Waiting until he's on the wrong side of 35 to even think about it is a terrible idea.
          My prob with Sanchez is that he boasts all these grand plans, calls everyone out, insults fighters, then never pushes for any of it to happen. I'm not one of these guys who wants to see GGG go up to increase his chances of getting beat. I want to see Golovkin achieve something great. I really think Sanchez does a poor job of representing Golovkin to the media.

Comment

I have faith that Genady could clean up 168 if he did it NOW. Waiting until he's on the wrong side of 35 to even think about it is a terrible idea.
            My prob with Sanchez is that he boasts all these grand plans, calls everyone out, insults fighters, then never pushes for any of it to happen. I'm not one of these guys who wants to see GGG go up to increase his chances of getting beat. I want to see Golovkin achieve something great. I really think Sanchez does a poor job of representing Golovkin to the media.
            I think we'll see in 2017. Maybe he goes up to 168. I heard he migth fight four times in 2017. He's milking HBO and getting the paydays he deserved since many years ago. I think he's thinking more in his family now than in being great. I think boxing has already stole too much time from him. He's the best MW in the world since Hopkins probably, and maybe that's enough for him.

Comment

Abel Loves to talk

Here's the thing why not just ask for Degale ?That fight may have been a PPV fight in the USA and not just The UK ijs I commend the Special One for stepping up But if K2 wanted a SMW fighter they could have Chosen Callum Smith if not Degale so I'm not Buying what Sanchez is selling

Comment

Jacobs is trained by Andre Rozier not Riach

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  I think he's thinking more in his family now than in being great. I think boxing has already stole too much time from him. He's the best MW in the world since Hopkins probably, and maybe that's enough for him.
                  I absolutely agree there. I respect that there's a time in a guy's life when he's not trying to be a badass anymore because he's no longer putting his ego first, he's putting his family first now. If that's where he's at, then I can respect that. I truly can.

Where I have problems is the fans that start talking shyt and making excuses. Seeing your down-to-earth post there is refreshing because few hardcore Golovkin fans will treat him like a regular human being. I wish more fans would accept the idea that maybe, just maybe he's just fine with the way things are and maybe he won't do anything head-turning before retiring. I've criticized his resume numerous times but I'll be the first to admit that even if he stopped today, he would still have accomplished a hell of a lot in his life and is one of the most entertaining guys in the sport.

Comment

There's something you need to see;
                    "I'm the boss"

And yet Golovkin has still yet to face Cotto, Canelo, Jacobs, Saunders, Eubank Jr, Chavez Jr, Froch, Ward, or any of the other fighters Sanchez has said he'd want to put Golovkin in the ring with. It's almost as if it's not down to him to put up the cash and book arenas and organise the cards and negotiate with other fighters promoters. Golovkin can only fight who K2 are able to put in front of him regardless of Sanchez's opinion on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post

Loeffler did ask about DeGale, he referenced in his sit down with Steve Kim.

Currently DeGale is asking for $5mill vs Jack, which is why that fight is being delayed. That's more money than Brook is guaranteed (~$3mill).

If DeGale continues to price himself out of the Jack fight, and Brook/Golovkin turns out to be a huge success in the UK, we could get DeGale/Golovkin in December. Loeffler has already mentioned that they could be returning to the UK in December due to the limited budget at HBO. The WBA will likley order Golovkin/Jacobs on September 12th after they've both fought, but I could see a delayed agreement happen b/c there's no way they'll be able to do a US ppv in December. With BJS looking likely for Canelo, it'll come down to Eubank or DeGale after Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X