No announcement yet.

Counting Down to Andre Ward's Inevitable Takeover of the Sport of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Wrong on both accounts. Ward was healthy & Goosen was making deals to get him fights.

In June of 2013 Ward turned down Stevenson saying he didn't earn a shot at his title.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/11...e-to-fight-him

Instead Ward had a deal on the table with Dmitri Sartison to fight on September 2013. HBO killed it due to his high cost and had to push for him to fight a top 10 ranked SMW in La Bomba.
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/8/10...sartison-fight

But let the take over begin, Hallelujah!!!

1. He just had surgery in early 13

2. It's hilarious how that comment went over your head

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      1. He just had surgery in early 13

2. It's hilarious how that comment went over your head
      It's hilarious that you setup a standard to knock down Golovkin, then dance around Ward's history of the actual scenario.

Comment

Let's be honest we all know Andre Ward is the best fighter in the sport of boxing. Ward was #1 pound for pound in the eyes of most before his legal dispute. Of course Floyd has the longetivity but a 38 year old Floyd wouldn't beat Andre Ward head to head if they were the same size. When you breakdown SOG:

Andre Ward is the most complete fighter in the sport of boxing. He can attack from all ranges and is defensively responsible at all times

Andre Ward is a master of distance. He is always too close to you or too far away from you to be able to land cleanly.

Andre Ward is an intelligent fighter. He makes in fight adjustments, takes away your best weapon and knows how to bait you into traps.

Andre Ward is battle tested. With wins over Froch, Kessler, Abraham, Dawson, Bika and Rodriguez. His resume is a whose who of the ranked contenders at one point in time.

The only thing that has held Ward back is injuries and legal disputes. His detractors have used outside of the ring drama in an attempt to create a false reality that he doesn't exist. The only arguments against Ward are:

He's boring I don't want to see him fight

He's inactive

He doesn't sell tickets

He's smug and I hate him

None of which has to do with boxing. With that said, brace yourself for the takeover of the next pound for pound boxing sensation. The rise to the top begins now!!! Feelings will be hurt, excuses will be made and dreams will be torched.
        I wish that all of this wasn't true. But wishing usually doesn't help much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          It's hilarious that you setup a standard to knock down Golovkin, then dance around Ward's history of the actual scenario.
          I wasn't referring to Golovkin ducking Ward. You can't duck a guy not in your weight division. It went over your head bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I wish that all of this wasn't true. But wishing usually doesn't help much.
            The sooner you come to terms, the easier it will be to cope. Ward isn't even in my top 5 favorite fighters fwiw.

Comment

If he beats Kovalev then yes. (without cheating)

Comment

Let's be honest we all know Andre Ward is the best fighter in the sport of boxing. Ward was #1 pound for pound in the eyes of most before his legal dispute. Of course Floyd has the longetivity but a 38 year old Floyd wouldn't beat Andre Ward head to head if they were the same size. When you breakdown SOG:

Andre Ward is the most complete fighter in the sport of boxing. He can attack from all ranges and is defensively responsible at all times

Andre Ward is a master of distance. He is always too close to you or too far away from you to be able to land cleanly.

Andre Ward is an intelligent fighter. He makes in fight adjustments, takes away your best weapon and knows how to bait you into traps.

Andre Ward is battle tested. With wins over Froch, Kessler, Abraham, Dawson, Bika and Rodriguez. His resume is a whose who of the ranked contenders at one point in time.

The only thing that has held Ward back is injuries and legal disputes. His detractors have used outside of the ring drama in an attempt to create a false reality that he doesn't exist. The only arguments against Ward are:

He's boring I don't want to see him fight

He's inactive

He doesn't sell tickets

He's smug and I hate him

None of which has to do with boxing. With that said, brace yourself for the takeover of the next pound for pound boxing sensation. The rise to the top begins now!!! Feelings will be hurt, excuses will be made and dreams will be torched.

He hasn't done enough to be the #1 guy in boxing. He has the capacity to do it but it's his fault.

Comment

I wasn't referring to Golovkin ducking Ward. You can't duck a guy not in your weight division. It went over your head bro.
                  You dudes are FINALLY seeing that? You dudes meaning Floyd fans.

Comment

Ward is a great fighter. By 2037, he should be surpassing Floyd's record of 49-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      You dudes are FINALLY seeing that? You dudes meaning Floyd fans.
                      If I called it a duck I was trolling to get a reaction. It's definitely a fight I want to see, and I feel GGG should move up to challenge himself and instantly become an ATG if he wins. But it's not a duck.

Comment

Working...
                      X