Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch this and tell me you still think its ok to be indifferent about the environment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch this and tell me you still think its ok to be indifferent about the environment

This one planet is all we have.

If we **** it up, it's game over. There won't be any second chances.

how high were you watching that? Lol

Corporations are destroying the planet at a rapid rate. I can't even quantify the impact they are having on the planet compared to us. Nothing we do, aside from stopping them, will make a difference on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post

Corporations are destroying the planet at a rapid rate. I can't even quantify the impact they are having on the planet compared to us. Nothing we do, aside from stopping them, will make a difference on the planet.
      I'm only high on life right now.

By us I mean everybody. It doesn't really matter who ****s up the planet, the point is when it's fucked, it's fucked, and so goes our entire history, our entire future and possibly the future of all conscious life in the universe. Everything we know and have is on this relatively infinitesimal rock, which is the only one in the known universe that can sustain life.

The world is not as big and as indestructible as most believe it to be. It's a delicate balance of interconnected systems, and if we keep reproducing at the rate we're reproducing combined with the indifference and irresponsibility with which we conduct ourselves concerning the planet, we're going to destroy this jewel, this paradise and oasis in an infinite desert of cold and hostile emptiness.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post

The greenhouse effect has been observed since the early 20th century but some politicians refuse to even look at the data.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
          I'm only high on life right now.

By us I mean everybody. It doesn't really matter who ****s up the planet, the point is when it's fucked, it's fucked, and so goes our entire history, our entire future and possibly the future of all conscious life in the universe. Everything we know and have is on this relatively infinitesimal rock, which is the only one in the known universe that can sustain life.

The world is not as big and as indestructible as most believe it to be. It's a delicate balance of interconnected systems, and if we keep reproducing at the rate we're reproducing combined with the indifference and irresponsibility with which we conduct ourselves concerning the planet, we're going to destroy this jewel, this paradise and oasis in an infinite desert of cold and hostile emptiness.
          I bet you would like the Cosmos series narrated by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Comment

So we destroy our environment and end most life on the planet. No big deal. We will not destroy the planet itself and the Earth will go on to generate a new dominant species who will have their chance to do better than we did. We are such an arrogant and self important race of creatures that perhaps our own destruction is exactly what we deserve. Look at the way we treat other lower life forms on the planet and how we treat each other. Does such a race of beings deserve any less than self destruction?

Dinosaurs were once the dominant species on the planet. They died off as the result of a natural catastrophe. Humans will create their own catastrophe that will be no less natural. The Earth will survive as will life in new and unforeseeable forms. It could be the best thing to ever happen to the planet. And maybe the next dominant, intelligent species will not put their faith in some all powerful invisible being coming along to save them and will actually accept the responsibility of caring for one of the rare planets in the Universe capable of sustaining life.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              I bet you would like the Cosmos series narrated by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Just thinking about how small we are, how big everything us, how unlikely it is that we are even here.... it makes my brain want to ****ing explode...

This is one galaxy, and every single pixel is a star millions of times bigger than the earth. I mean **** bro............

This is a picture of hundreds galaxies in the darkest, emptiest corner of the sky.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 08-02-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                So we destroy our environment and end most life on the planet. No big deal. We will not destroy the planet itself and the Earth will go on to generate a new dominant species who will have their chance to do better than we did. We are such an arrogant and self important race of creatures that perhaps our own destruction is exactly what we deserve. Look at the way we treat other lower life forms on the planet and how we treat each other. Does such a race of beings deserve any less than self destruction?

Dinosaurs were once the dominant species on the planet. They died off as the result of a natural catastrophe. Humans will create their own catastrophe that will be no less natural. The Earth will survive as will life in new and unforeseeable forms. It could be the best thing to ever happen to the planet. And maybe the next dominant, intelligent species will not put their faith in some all powerful invisible being coming along to save them and will actually accept the responsibility of caring for one of the rare planets in the Universe capable of sustaining life.

We're not dinosaurs. We have the capability to preserve and shape our future.

There are no limits to what we can do if we and our collective intelligence continue to evolve.

We have a source of nearly limitless energy millions of times bigger than the earth. Once we gain the ability to effectively and efficiently tap the energy of our sun, then the universe will be our playground.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 08-02-2015, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Yeah bruh, its pretty crazy. Sadly our government no longer cares about NASA as much as they used to.

Can you even imagine how politics would change if another civilization from another planet was able to reach us frequently? What if that civilization that finds us is more advanced and has more resources? What if their planet is unified and when they find us they think we're a joke because we just bicker among ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
                    We're not dinosaurs. We have the capability to preserve and shape our future.

There are no limits to what we can do if we and our collective intelligence continue to evolve.

We have a source of nearly limitless energy millions of times bigger than the earth. Once we gain the ability to effectively and efficiently tap the energy of our sun, then the universe will be our playground.
                    Unfortunately we have not outgrown our childish beliefs in gods and demons. That alone limits what the human race can achieve and basically ensures that we will engineer our own destruction before we learn to control our base animal instincts and desires.

The human race has the capacity to achieve great things but it must begin with the eradication of all religions and superstitious beliefs. Then we can get things on the road.

Comment

Working...
                    X