Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else realize how much damage Danny Garcia took in the Matthysse fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the fight garcia only won becauase of Lucas eye closing isnt it?

Comment

Swift took some damage home with him after that brutal classic with Lucas...yes, that fight is a VERY underrated modern day classic....BOTH warriors were landing hurtful punches and BOTH took home some heavy damage.....Lucas had orbital bone issues, Swift was having hearing issues....that's what they signed up for....that's what MOST wanted to see...two brave warriors land BOMBS on each other....I hope everyone was entertained by BOTH fighters and moved by the heart and bravery BOTH warriors were forced to show during the course of one of the MOST relevant title fights in the last few years

BOTH dudes left a part of themselves in Vegas that night...they had no choice!!...each dude demanded MORE from the other and took each other places they've never been before....like I said, it was a CLASSIC fight that had me on the edge of my seat because at any point you KNEW Lucas was gonna land and BOOM!!...how was Swift gonna react or how would Lucas react to getting hit by Swift...and then Swift BOXING instead of his usual flat footed walk a ninja down type style lol....he BOXED and BRAWLED and BANGED.....excellent performance by Swift

Comment

It was a Gut check type fight and Danny passed. You could see Lucas's power was hurting him and Garcia dug deep and turned the tide, out boxed Matthysse and knocked him down. Garcia seems to fight best in big fights. we'll know how much he has left when he fights some of the better Welterweights. The Malignaggi fight prob won't be a good gauge...

Comment

the amount of low blows garcia hit mattysse with was ridiculous, should of had more point deducted.

agreed that both men are not the same though, more so with garcia tho...

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            to me matthysse has looked more physically fragile post-garcia than he did before, which is generally a real sign of being damaged. garcia, on the other hand, physically seems the same as ever, but mentally not there any more. i don't know whether it's complacency or he just can't get up except for the big, big fights any more
            I kinda agree with this. They've suffered from that bout in different ways, but Matts' age (he's turning 33 this year) could also be the reason behind his physical decline. Garcia probably took the punishment better because he's younger, but it seems to have rattled his psyche a little.

Comment

this is why i'm really interested in seeing provo back, he took a lot of punishment from lucas, more than any other opponent lucas ever had

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                EDIT: Mods can you remove the poll please. I posted the wrong poll in the wrong thread.

I'll put it bluntly -- He took enough shots to the body and head to kill a man. To kill two men.

Garcia said in the post fight interview,

"He hit me with a good shot that clogged up my ear. My ear is still clogged."

Ear clogged? You know what that means. That's head damage. That's called getting the wires in your head rearranged. Killing brain cells.

Danny's father Angel Garcia told the media his son was urinating blood for weeks after the Lucas Matthysse fight.

This is the kind of shot takes years off your life. Note that that is a custom-made mouthpiece flying out of the mouth of Garcia. A custom-made mouthpiece isn't supposed to fall out of a boxer's mouth. It just goes to show how insane Matthysse's power is. TNT in his fists.

If those kinds of bombs made Garcia urinate blood, imagine what it is doing to his head. I hope he is okay.

Now don't get me wrong. I understand Swift ultimately won the fight, but Matthysse got his licks in. He put hands on Danny in a major way. Real recognize real. Real motherfuckers know who really won.

I respect Danny Garcia. He seems like a nice kid. And for his sake I am very glad he has been cherrypicking since the Lucas bout. But I think he should retire -- preserve himself as a human being. When the best fight the best, everyone gets beat up. Garcia nor Matthysse will ever be the same after they fought, after they beat the daylights out of each other.
                I've always said Danny left more in the ring than Lucas. It was difficult to say how much against Herrera and Salka, but the second half of the Petersen fight was a good indicator.

Danny was the only lineal champ to take his career and boxing backwards last year, which unfortunately may continue into 147 by picking the lighter punchers.

Danny won the fight, but Lucas is the one who's stock is rising and he is fighting the guy Danny ducked.

As A boxing fan, I'm looking forward to Matthysse v Postol, but not Paulie v Danny (is anyone).

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  this is why i'm really interested in seeing provo back, he took a lot of punishment from lucas, more than any other opponent lucas ever had
                  yeah man, i wanted provo to win that fight, but calls for a rematch from him and his team strike me as borderline suicidal

Comment

To me, both haven't looked the same since that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      Just because one has iron in his jaw doesn't mean he doesn't take damage. Look at Ali. Ali had a legendary ATG chin. But shit breaks.
                      Last I read there isnt enough evidence that suggests that 1 can get Parkinson's from boxing.

Anyway, I think Garcia got lucky that Matthysse was only throwing single shots due to his depth perception being off or else he would had taken way more damage. And it wouldnt had been pretty either.

Comment

Working...
                      X