Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Peterson be allowed to keep his title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Absolutely not, and it's embarrassing to see so many "Take the test!" posters that think it's okay that PEDerson gets to keep his belt. Their pathetic agenda and bias has been fully revealed.
    Brilliant post

Comment

I don't understand how two commissions can reach different conclusions based on the same information. Even Ring recently adopted a policy to remove anyone from their rankings who tested positive for a banned substance.

The IBF is a fukin joke, with this ruling they've essentially encouraged drug cheats to carry on as they were and worry about an excuse after being caught.

Comment

It really doesn't matter he is only holding onto it for Judah

Comment

The IBF heard the evidence and ruled in his favor. I agree. All he did was bring his testosterone levels up to normal. Without doing this he would have to quit the sport. He has a handicap not an advantage. He is a good champion and I wish him the best. He should have told everyone involved about his medical problem but it's out now and his level of testosterone will be carefully watched so what's the problem?

Comment

I would not have let him..But if the IBF is letting him keep it,what the hell ya going to do??

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              "Allowed" by whom? "Stripped" by whom? A bunch of Boxingscene pinheads?? You're just talking rubbish and trying to make mischief. The guy had a valid medical need, which would have been given if he'd applied for it. The evidence and corrobotration are unshakeable.
              The IBF obviously, since thats the body behind the title he holds and was at stake in the said fight. Who else could make the decision?

As for trying to make mischief, dont' be so stupid. This is a Boxing forum where people debate the sport and this story is big news at the minute, and rightly so since it involved banned substances.
              It was a simple question..should Peterson have been allowed to keep his title after taking a banned substance..or was the IBF ruling the right one..and why. If that upsets you so much, skip the thread.
              Last edited by Chrismart; 08-11-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

WBC caters to Mexicans. IBF caters to slick young americans.

Joke Commision giving belt back to guy who earned it in a fixed fight with a crooked ref, oh also was on PEDS. but yea, lets give him belt back. Support more corruption in Washington.

I hope Lamont Peterson gets put into a coma his next fight and never wakes up from it that cheating twat.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  The IBF heard the evidence and ruled in his favor. I agree. All he did was bring his testosterone levels up to normal. Without doing this he would have to quit the sport. He has a handicap not an advantage. He is a good champion and I wish him the best. He should have told everyone involved about his medical problem but it's out now and his level of testosterone will be carefully watched so what's the problem?
                  I'm with you on this but for not informing the commission and all those involved he should be stripped. It's been shown he didn't do it to cheat nor could you cheat by bringing your level of testosterone up to normal, but for not going about it the proper way he should lose out on that title and there should be some type of fine or suspension.
                  Last edited by Rip Chudd; 08-11-2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I don't think that he meant to cheat. His excuse makes plenty sense. But he should have informed the commission about that long ago. But to ban him form boxing?? Rather harsh. Suspend him for no longer than a year & strip his title?? Understandable.

Comment

clearly not.

Comment

Working...
                      X