No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant's funniest quotes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    "Mayorga is a rude, crude dude in the ring, as well as outside. In a sense, what we have here is class warfare with boxing gloves. Mayorga is a street fighter from a street that didn't have electricity until he financed it with some of his earnings. His most prominent physical asset, he keeps reminding us, is his cajones. Opposite him tonight is a handsome fighter with a gold medal, a beautiful wife, vast wealth including a 74 foot yacht. Mayorga looks at him and thinks he's seeing a hated slumlord, and Oscar is coming to collect the rent"
    I like this analogy

Comment

When Donaire did that crouching thing against against Vasquez, Larry was like "I wanted to roll out a roll of toilet paper."

Comment

Merchant has many quotes that are a lot funnier than those, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          Speaking on Pacquiao "He may be a one dimensional fighter, but its one hell of a dimensions"
          Wasn't he talking about Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            Speaking on Pacquiao "He may be a one dimensional fighter, but its one hell of a dimensions"
            Lmfao. That was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
              lol some funny quotes...found this one: "Chris Byrd has two punches - pitty and pat." lmao...
              funny ish

All the ones I thought of have been said

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                "Canelo has one red headed cousin, but the rest of his family actually look like Mexicans" Something along those lines.
                Epic. I remember when he said that ish. Can't believe that didn't turn into something more than that. Had anyone else said it -- they would have either been fired or forced to apologize. But since it's perpetually drunk and senile Larry, they just let it go as if it was a 4 year old who was talking about an Asian's eyes looking funny.

"Well, he's four years old...he doesn't know any better."

And in Larry's case, it's...

"Well, he's Larry. He doesn't know any better."

Comment

Working...
                X