Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes Martirosyan vs. Joe Greene: thoughts & predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanes Martirosyan vs. Joe Greene: thoughts & predictions?

This is an interesting matchup on the undercard of Cotto-Foreman. The winner will emerge as a contender in the 154 division.

What are your thoughts and predictions for this one?
    Martirosyan by decision
    27.78%
    Martirosyan by KO/TKO/RTD
    27.78%
    Greene by decision
    13.89%
    Green by KO/TKO/RTD
    16.67%
    Seem evenly matched, too close to call
    13.89%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 05-26-2010, 04:22 PM.

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
    This is an interesting matchup on the undercard of Cotto-Foreman. The winner will emerge as a contender in the 154 division.

have you seen greene fight yet? im interested in reading a breakdown from someone who has seen both these guys fight

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post

It's kind of interesting that Vanes has been a prospect for the longest time and now finally he'll either step up as a top contender or he'll be pushed down to fringe contender status..
      ________
      FORD ASPIRE HISTORY
      Last edited by BostonGuy; 03-09-2011, 04:01 AM.

Comment

I didn't know this fight is happening. These are literally two of the best prospects at 154 going at it. Greene will be the quicker man on fight night but Vanes has some serious power. This is 50-50 I think. These guys could be fighting to unify the belts in a few years with all their skill.

Whatever happened to that poster who would constantly post about Vanes and was part of his entourage?

Comment

Greene seems kind of ordinery to me but he is decent, Vanes has a lot more hype around him so one would hope that he should make Greene look ordinery.

It will be an interesting fight but Vanes has shown me a lot more thus far in their careers but maybe Greene just has not had the right oppurtunity to properly showcase his talents.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            have you seen greene fight yet? im interested in reading a breakdown from someone who has seen both these guys fight
            I've seen a lot more of Vanes fights, about eight. He's regularly been on PPV undercards, and had several fights on Versus. He looked good in all his fights except for parts of the Ouma match.

I've only seen a couple of Greene fights about three years ago, not enough to accurately evaluate him.

I don't know who will win this one, it depends on how good Greene turns out to be. Vanes has fought several decent fringe contenders, but Greene has never really been tested.

Comment

I've been leaning towards Joe Greene since this was announced. Not because Greene is anything special, but Martirosyan is very overrated. The one time I can remember Greene fighting (against Delray Raines), I remember he looked pretty good. Enough to pull the upset.

Comment

If Greene is injury-free and has gotten the rust off of him, I think he takes this one. I think Vanes is a very talented fighter with great skills and movement but he seems pretty vulnerable when you apply pressure to him.

Greene is a good pressure fighter with good handspeed but he sometimes is underwhelming in his performances. I think he is by-far the more durable of the two but he needs to be on point on fight night because Vanes can box the daylights out of you if you let him.

Comment

It seems very evenly matched and both are at similar stages in their careers. An impressive win for either does alot and a loss is a massive set back for either.

I can't really make a predication at this time but just hope for a competitive fight and do worry about Greene's inactivity.

Comment

Greene looked pretty good coming up but this surely is a big test. I think if can over come the strength of Vanes and go the distance without wearing down he should outpoint Martirosyan.

Comment

Working...
                    X