Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Arent Just Foam Gloves Ridiculed? Like the Grant Gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dolezal View Post
    Cuz mutha****as be dying from the horse hair
    Haha that had me giggling!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Everyone should wear the same gloves.

Punchers will be punchers no matter what the glove is. Golovkin flattens people in Grant gloves, as does Wladimir and many others.

The gloves should offer protection to the fighters hands and also not become less padded as they are used, which is apparently the big problem with those MX gloves.
      Golovkin uses Grant punchers gloves. I'm not sure what style Wladimir uses.

The MX gloves do not become less padded. The foam and horsehair MX gloves are encased in a quilted nylon shell. The foam and horsehair does not dissipate over a 12 round fight.

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      The problem with horsehair, mx in particular, is that the padding is easily manipulated especially around the knuckles. And a lot of people have a problem with that. And it's hard to argue they shouldn't because it's very dangerous.
      Again the MX gloves are not easy to manipulate.

Comment

As long as they are commission approved you shoule be able to wear whatever pair of gloves you want. Let me explain the difference between foam an horsehair, neither will help you hit harder but horsehair doesn't absorb as much impact so it can be straining on the wrist as less of the shock will be absorbed but it will feel stronger. If you hit hard enough gloves are irrelavant though:
        Maidana wears MX
        Matthysse wears powerlocks

However there is a noticeable dofference between the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
          Golovkin uses Grant punchers gloves. I'm not sure what style Wladimir uses.

The MX gloves do not become less padded. The foam and horsehair MX gloves are encased in a quilted nylon shell. The foam and horsehair does not dissipate over a 12 round fight.

Again the MX gloves are not easy to manipulate.
          The UK boxing board disagrees.

Frank Warren a few weeks ago spoke on how bad the MX gloves are and how poor the protection offered by them is, now the board of control are banning them. Clearly there is a problem.

Comment

Where's earner?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              The UK boxing board disagrees.

Frank Warren a few weeks ago spoke on how bad the MX gloves are and how poor the protection offered by them is, now the board of control are banning them. Clearly there is a problem.
              That's great for them.

I can base my judgement off of my experience, not some random counsel which probably has no boxing or equipment making experience. Fortunately for me, I have both.

Having used MX gloves for hundreds of rounds and compared them to Grant's own punchers gloves which I've also owned, I could argue that Grant punchers gloves have the same if not less padding over the knuckles. Both have quilted horse hair and foam, and I never had any issue with foam or horse hair shifting on either.

I look forward to reading exactly what research and comparisons they used to come to this decision. My guess, little to none. Because if they had, they'd be banning more than Everlast MX gloves.

Comment

Working...
              X