Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Marquez just destroy Mayweather's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    He didn't want to fight a lot of people who were at their peak. There was talk of Margarito, Mosley and even DLH earlier on.

Floyd has been smart but this one hurt him. Not only did he miss out on mega money but he failed to be the one to knock his rival off the pedestal.
    Why not tell the whole story though? Yes plenty negative can be said about PBFwithout leaving out parts. What does it hurt to tell the whole story?

Comment

• Ha. Look at all these Mayweather fans defending their "coulda, woulda, shoulda" fighter. Apparently, they believe in triangle theories and it was Mayweather who knocked Pacquiao out this past Saturday. Aww, man. It's a laugher. They defend a dude who puts up excuse after excuse on why he won't fight Pacquiao. "Get drug tested, I am only giving you this much money, You don't deserve 50/50, get your business in order, I am not fighting you because Arum steals your money, I am not fighting you because my health comes first, etc.," says Mayweather. "I might be a coward, but I am a rich coward," says Mayweather. Aww, man. It's a laugher. Floyd Mayweather, the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" fighter, one of the best purely speculative fighters to ever lace 'em up. Sure, he never fought them, but he would have beat them, anyway. Floyd "My Health Comes First" Mayweather, one of the best to lace 'em up. I hope he doesn't risk it all again and fight Baldomir. Aww, man. It's a laugher.

Comment

• He exposed floyd for being a coward and a farce.

Comment

• If you look at the guys he could've fought, Mayweather will probably go down as the scared champion who refused to fight. Who's left for FLoyd? only one person that could come close to a pacquiao fight is Martinez, and the sad truth is that Mayweather doesn't care about his legacy, can't argue since he said it himself, and haven't really seen anything to tell me different in almost a decade.

Comment

• I don't think so, the fight was never going to happen. This era will always be about Pac and Marquez rivalry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Floyd hasn't fought in almost a year, JMM has the KO of the year over the 2nd biggest star in boxing. Yet, there are as many posts about how this affected floyd, his legacy etc etc.
              That makes no sense.
              Makes a ton of sense you just don't want to take your Floyd blinders off and see it. I'm not a fan of either per say but I just wanted to see a mega fight. For the record, I didn't even want to see Pac vs Marquez 4, I thought it was a waste of time.

Floyd needed Manny, not the other way around. Manny winning titles in so many weight divisions solidifies him as one of the greatest of all time. Floyd is too don't get me wrong but the great fighters fight the best of their era, Floyd didn't.

Now the money is gone and his chance to have been the one to KO Manny is gone forever as well. What happened this past Saturday, directly affected Floyd's legacy, there's no doubt about it. If you can't see it, then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• when mayweather fought marquez, this was marqueze's first trip to the the welters. also mayweather did not make weight. not only that he didn't even weigh in the night of the fight!

if they fought again with marquez bulking while building speed AAANND may making weight it would be a better fight.

I still think mayweather would win though. but not wipe the floor with him.

for me personaly mayweather hasn't really been tested in a LOOONNNGGG time not because he's dominant. for me personally he hasn't set out to be the best and challenge himself. he doesn't fight the toughest of opponents. he chooses fights that make him look like he is.

I think he is one of the most skilled fighters i've ever seen it's a shame I dont' see more of him in epic battles.

for me. ( and this is my opinion ) he has no legacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                  I don't think so, the fight was never going to happen. This era will always be about Pac and Marquez rivalry.
                  This is TRUTH right here. What people don't seem to realize is that Marquez's KO of Pac changed this era of boxing. You're ABSOLUTELY right that this era's focus has changed from 'Pac vs. Floyd' to 'Pac vs. Marquez'

Casuals now know Marquez as THE guy that beat Pacquiao, and not only that, I met alot of casual viewers that are now looking forward to a 5th fight between these two, moreso than Floyd and Pac. The Floyd-Pac megafight has officially lost its luster. The rivalry between Pac and Marquez has now overtaken this era.

Comment

• The Pac groupies/Floyd haters like this thread starter is hurting more right now cause they know Floyd`s resume look stronger cause the guy he took to school knocked out Pacquiao.So they trying everything in their power to diminish Floyd`s legacy cause they know that Floyd has a great legacy that is better then anybody in boxing including that roid using weightdraining fraud who got exposed last Saturday.

Pacquiao destroyed his own legacy by refusing to take a random test for 2 years and now people suspect he`s been juicing.He tried to save face by agreeing to random testing after 2 years of cycling the roids out his system but its too late,the cat is out of the bag.

On top of that he got ko`ed by a guy that moved up in weight who is near 40 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanorge View Post
                      when mayweather fought marquez, this was marqueze's first trip to the the welters. also mayweather did not make weight. not only that he didn't even weigh in the night of the fight!

if they fought again with marquez bulking while building speed AAANND may making weight it would be a better fight.

I still think mayweather would win though. but not wipe the floor with him.

for me personaly mayweather hasn't really been tested in a LOOONNNGGG time not because he's dominant. for me personally he hasn't set out to be the best and challenge himself. he doesn't fight the toughest of opponents. he chooses fights that make him look like he is.

I think he is one of the most skilled fighters i've ever seen it's a shame I dont' see more of him in epic battles.

for me. ( and this is my opinion ) he has no legacy.

Same lame excuse to try to discredit Floyd`s win against the fighter that ko`ed the Pacfraud.Marquez did not look any faster in the Pacquiao fights at welterweight then the Mayweather fight.Marquez was just more ripped for the 3rd and 4th Pacquiao fight so the differences was just cosmetic.Plus in the 3rd and 4th fight Pac fought an older version of Marquez moving up in weight.

Also at the weigh in for Pac/Marquez 4,Pacquiao came in at 147 and Marquez came in at 143 and Pacquiao still got knocked out.At the weigh in for Floyd/Marquez,Floyd came in at 146 and Marquez came in at 142 and Floyd schooled Marquez on fight night.So Pacquiao came in 5 pounds heavier at the weigh in but still got knocked out by near 40 year old Marquez and Floyd came in 4 pounds heavier at the weigh in coming off a 2 year lay-off and schooled Marquez who was younger then the version Pac fought in the 3rd and 4th fight with Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X