Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah he reminds me more of Chavez Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
      Cotto's a one handed fighter to me. He keeps his dominant hand in front using it to jab and left hook leads. Golovkin has power in both hands. That a big difference to me.
      They do have some similarities though. They both use power jabs and commit to attacking the body. I wouldn't say Golovkin reminds me of Cotto though because they go about it differently. Maybe a combination of Cotto and Kosta Tszyu and that's still a reach.
      +1

Sanchez was talking about Chavez vs Rosario and how he's shown Golovkin that fight at least 15 times. I watched it the other day and can see alot of similarities with JCC's style.

Comment

i agree with dude who said a 160 lb matthysse. Both can bang, have devastating power and both can box (matthysse gets less credit for this hes underrated). Both are not slick but know how to cut off the ring and set up their punches

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Nope Cotto was protected by Arum for a while till he let Margarito on him. Cotto never looked like a killer to me in those days except when he fought Pinto..
          ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
            Golovkin has a right hand
            This. Cotto was/is a one handed fighter. Golovkin is more like a 160 kostya with more tools. Golovkin's 300+ Amateur win record is no joke.

Comment

Whether you guys like it or not

Cotto is a Hall of Famer.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                cotto would have too if he hadn't injured his shoulder early in his career during a car accident.
                Isn't he a natural lefty? It's the reason why he didn't have a right hand. He should have worked on it. But for him to be able to accomplish what he had is remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                  actually, he reminds me of a bigger jcc sr.
                  First time I seen him I thought it instantly , this guy is so much like Chavez the way he can put fighters under strenuous pressure without even throwing lunch earning the respect of his opponents really quick and staying on them and the way he cuts off the ring

Comment

Lol at cotto protected. Yall funny as hell. He fought everyone from Pinto prime Paulie Prime Quintana, Judah, mosley, margacheato with plaster, clottey, pacquiao, beat the **** out of margacheato without his plaster, Mayweather, trout. So if that's protected every boxer now in days is also protected

Comment

Not at all. Cotto is popular but was always limited. His bigness as a WW probably has a lot to do with his successes. He punches huge for a WW but nothing special for a MW. We still need to see more of GGG...but so far, he looks very special! But Broner had looked special too before Paulie!

Comment

Working...
                      X