Who had the faster hands? Ali or Patterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://youtu.be/r3x9_WpDHmY
    http://youtu.be/wCUkqyfUjTU

Look at Clay against liston round 3 and the punches he throws in combination are fast and powerful enough too rock liston.. he's also throwing very wide and powerful hooks at lightening speed.. its hard to throw wide hooks like that at a tremendous speed
    Now look at patterson.. he's fast but his punches are extremely short and tight.. he is throwing less distance than clay and no way near as wide..

Comment

Tyson for me is up there with these two in terms of speed, in combination.

A HW Roy Jones too but appart from these lads is there anyone else in the discussion as fastest HW???

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Tyson for me is up there with these two in terms of speed, in combination.

A HW Roy Jones too but appart from these lads is there anyone else in the discussion as fastest HW???
        Larry holmes had amazing pot shot speed.. thats the single jab and lead right hand or uppercut..

Comment

Originally posted by Roye'l View Post
          Larry holmes had amazing pot shot speed.. thats the single jab and lead right hand or uppercut..
          Thats true, if we talk about single shot speed then Larry is in the discussion. He shoots the jab out like its on a tightly loaded spring

Overall speed tho i dont think he competes

Nobody threw the BIG KO shots in Combination with the speed Tyson did, not even Louis.

Flurrys? Ali and Jones stand alone
          Last edited by The Surgeon; 08-20-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Patterson with hooks, Ali with straight punches.

Comment

I'm going with Ali over Patterson, not by much, but he was faster.Dokes and Page were also very fast with the hands, though Dokes' combinations looked better because he was quicker than Page.

Comment

Ali

I've watched all the film in Patterson I can find, read all I could on the experts that ever spoke on this issue and I never missed an Ali fight in my Life, so my conclusion after putting all this info together, I saw Ali, Patterson of course hit harder, but that's not the question here, he had fast hands, yes, but if you put them side by side and filmed them throwing punches as fast as they can, and then measure it by using the Film, ALI wins out, most of the experts that were around at the time, saw both in person and been around them, most say ALI, and from film I agree. no HW was faster, does that make floyd 2nd fastest.

Comment

The NSB crew is here.

Comment

Working...
                  X