Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Patterson vs ATG HW's prior to his era........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Patterson vs ATG HW's prior to his era........

James Corbett
    James Jeffries
    Jack Johnson
    Jack Dempsey
    Gene Tunney
    Max Schmeling
    Max Baer
    Joe Louis
    Ezzard Charles
    Joe Walcott
    Rocky Marciano

How do you think Floyd does against the HW's prior his era???

hard to predict for floyd because of his chin.

he arguably has one of the worst chins in heavyweight championship boxing history.

but....... he was so fast (probably the fastest hand speed ever in the history of the division) and was skilled , had power and his peek-a-boo style helped shield his achilles heel.

safe to say a lot of the former champions had a good chance of knocking him out but as floyd's excellent career has shown it's not easy to and floyd does not stay down easily.

i'll say dempsey and louis probably knocks him out.

charles , marciano , walcott has excellent chances as well.

just my opinion though.

Comment

One thing for sure is Louis would one punch him to bolivian

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        One thing for sure is Louis would one punch him to bolivian
        probably.

but to play devil's advocate..... louis didn't have great speed. floyd did.

and joe didn't exactly have a granite chin either.

Comment

Floyd's chin was suspect and could be cracked. I think Floyd had enough skills to beat a lot of previous HW champions before his era though.

I'd favor Louis, Johnson, and Dempsey to beat him clearly. Walcott, Charles, Marciano, they'd be very interesting.

I thought Floyd had enough speed, skill, and a decent enough defense to beat the others though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            Floyd's chin was suspect and could be cracked. I think Floyd had enough skills to beat a lot of previous HW champions before his era though.

I'd favor Louis, Johnson, and Dempsey to beat him clearly. Walcott, Charles, Marciano, they'd be very interesting.

I thought Floyd had enough speed, skill, and a decent enough defense to beat the others though.
            floyd's chin wasn't suspect.

it was pretty bad.

not just the ko losses. which he had several.

he was knocked down around 20 times in his career , if i remember correctly somewhere around there. might be less , might be more. not sure.

Comment

Working...
            X