Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Today's Cotto have beaten El Feroz More Impressively than Tito Did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    As I stated in previous posts on this thread. Tito would KO Cotto. Cotto is too little, man. Vargas would KO Cotto because he is tougher, bigger, and stronger. Size does matter in this sport and nobody knows this better than Cotto. Cotto is not beating Tito and his place in Puerto Rican boxing history is not higher than Tito's. F what DR fat ass says. And let's get this straight. Tito lost to Hopkin's because Hopkin's was cheating on the scales for YEARS. He was a Light Heavy Weight disguised as a Middleweight. It's why Hopkin's beat Hoya as well. It was SIZE more than skill. When Tito fought Wright, he was drained and wasn't taking boxing serious anymore. He got up for Mayorga but not Wright. He blew up too much in between the Mayorga fight and the Wright fight. He lost to Wright but let's not get carried away with either one of those losses. You'll see what SIZE means as soon as Cotto fights a legit 154lber, like Lara or Canelo. If the Canelo fight happens, Cotto gets KO'ed. He is one of my favorite fighters but I'm not a Fanboy. I call it like I see it. He ain't beating Tito, De La Hoya, Vargas, or Canelo. Hell, you could throw in Terry Norris at 154 as well. I guess Cotto beats him, too? Ey? Get out of here, man.
    What does Norris have to do with this? If Norris can't get to cotto his glass chin will be his biggest problem.

Comment

No......

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
      What does Norris have to do with this? If Norris can't get to cotto his glass chin will be his biggest problem.

I just threw Norris in there because he was a career 154lb fighter. It's to show that Cotto is not a Middleweight or legit Jr Middleweight. He is stuck between a rock in a hard place, weight wise. He would have a serious problem taking that type of speed and power for 12 rounds. FACT. I also feel that David Reid would pound Cotto. And what you have to understand is, Cotto, Manny, and Ward are my three favorite active fighters. I call it like I see it. I am no Fanboy. There is no way Cotto beats a prime Vargas. There is definitely no way he beats Tito, De La Hoya, Lara, or GGG, either. He has gotten away with fighting OLD, less skilled guys the last 3 fights. His reign ends if he fights Canelo. Canelo is just about primed and ready to go to the next level. Cotto is that next level skill wise and he will KO Cotto. It'll be a great action fight for a few rounds, until Canelo's youth, size, power, and speed takes over. Canelo is also an A Level defender. Did you forget that? And gassing? When is the last time Canelo ran out of gas? He is not struggling to make weight anymore. His stamina is good. He will not run out of gas. What Canelo have you been watching, lately? The drained kid that Floyd fought? Because if you watched the Angulo, Lara, or Kirkland fights, you KNOW his stamina is no longer an issue.

Comment

No...

Vargas 2000 beats up cotto 2015...

And vargas beats up Canelo as well....

Comment

What about.............

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          No...

Vargas 2000 beats up cotto 2015...

And vargas beats up Canelo as well....

Agreed BUT the jury is still out on Canelo. He is vastly improved and on the verge of being one of the best fighters in the sport. That is a 50/50 fight. Canelo and Vargas. I know for sure that Vargas would beat Cotto! I am done arguing with them on that one. Do you think that Cotto has a chance against a prime Tito? Because I don't. Trinidad was meaner than any fighter Cotto has ever fought. I doubt he ever faced that type of power before, either. He gets KO'ed in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X