No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: Gonzalez Hurt Me, But I Stood My Ground

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: Gonzalez Hurt Me, But I Stood My Ground

Ricky Burns retained his WBO lightweight title after Jose Gonzalez stayed on his stool at the end of the ninth round in a dramatic night at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow. The 29-year-old mandatory challenger from Puerto Rico went into the bout unbeaten in 22 fights with 17 of them won inside the distance but an injury - the early suggestion being it was a broken wrist - scuppered his chances of an upset.

[Click Here To Read More]

Gonzalez quit....

Comment

Good job ducking Broner ricky

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
          You don't know the business of Boxing at all. Unless a fighters name is Vitali or Floyd, it is the PROMOTER who choses the opponent, not the fighter. It is in the contract. The promoter picks the site, the date, the opponent, and other details. Who do you think puts up the money for the fight??????? One hint, it is NOT the fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
            Its clear that he cant handle that slick kind of style or even a counter puncher!
            But hes definatley using the ability he has to the max!!

Comment

It's for the first time that I can see someone using his chin so effectively into the process of breaking his opponent's hand.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                It's for the first time that I can see someone using his chin so effectively into the process of breaking his opponent's hand.
                Not the first for me. I saw Jones fracture his wrist and go on to beat Hopkins, McCrory against Roger Stafford and McCrory went on win. Apparently more than just a wrist was broken. The heart and will were too.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  You don't know the business of Boxing at all. Unless a fighters name is Vitali or Floyd, it is the PROMOTER who choses the opponent, not the fighter. It is in the contract. The promoter picks the site, the date, the opponent, and other details. Who do you think puts up the money for the fight??????? One hint, it is NOT the fighter!
                  Now you want to speak the truth. Your the same kind of person that would say Broners ducking the 140lb division. I dont see you using that promoters argument then.

The truth is GBP offered Burns 350,000 and he turned it down. Which I dont blame him considering he was main eventing at Wimbley Stadium, before the other guy pulled out. Which is probably worth alot more than 350,000. So to me he didnt duck Broner. He maid a sound business desicion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Now you want to speak the truth. Your the same kind of person that would say Broners ducking the 140lb division. I dont see you using that promoters argument then.

The truth is GBP offered Burns 350,000 and he turned it down. Which I dont blame him considering he was main eventing at Wimbley Stadium, before the other guy pulled out. Which is probably worth alot more than 350,000. So to me he didnt duck Broner. He maid a sound business desicion.
                    when mayweather turned down 100 million for 35 million. another sound business decision?

Comment

Working...
                    X