No announcement yet.

Ali vs Wilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Isn't trolling a bannable offense, moderator?
    Oh I wasn't joking..

I don't think Ali would win against Nic nor do I think he is at the same level as Chag or Haye. Period.

I was simply riding the humour wave lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Isn't trolling a bannable offense, moderator?
      You would hope so...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        You would hope so...
        As opposed to YOUR breed of trolling which can be summarised as such..

[ancient cruiser featherfist, skilless, chinless bum] beats [modern elite super-athlete dreadnought]

There, you need never post again because that's all you ever have to contribute Scott.

Comment

• Here's Cus D’Amato on the subject:

“Chamberlain could be a greater fighter. He’s a strong all-around athlete. His great height would be no bar despite what many people say about tall fellows not being good fighters. I feel his height could be a great asset. Wilt also has desire, which is, of course, a prime requisite.”

I’ve always thought that if an athlete in another field has the proper incentive and spirit, his age would not prevent him from gaining the heights in boxing,”

If Chamberlain, who is 28, or any other athlete, loses interest in his particular sport after spending a good number of years in it, the false impression is given that he is finished, because of poor reflexes or some such reason. But with a new challenge or interest through the medium of changing sports, he will adapt himself better than an untried kid.

Height has nothing to do with a successful career in the ring. The important thing is how a man uses his physical attributes. Therefore height can be advantage or hindrance, depending on how it is used. Those tall boxers of the past failed because they were trained wrong.

I’ve always thought that a man like Chamberlain, a basketball player all his life, should do very well in the ring because of the quick reflexes and fast moves required of a basketball player. It makes wonderful training for boxing.

If Chamberlain applied himself, he could be boxing for the heavyweight title within a comparatively short time.”

Comment

• At least Ali wouldn't headhunt in this one before he chops the tree down.

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
              Here's Cus D’Amato on the subject:

“Chamberlain could be a greater fighter. He’s a strong all-around athlete. His great height would be no bar despite what many people say about tall fellows not being good fighters. I feel his height could be a great asset. Wilt also has desire, which is, of course, a prime requisite.”

I’ve always thought that if an athlete in another field has the proper incentive and spirit, his age would not prevent him from gaining the heights in boxing,”

If Chamberlain, who is 28, or any other athlete, loses interest in his particular sport after spending a good number of years in it, the false impression is given that he is finished, because of poor reflexes or some such reason. But with a new challenge or interest through the medium of changing sports, he will adapt himself better than an untried kid.

Height has nothing to do with a successful career in the ring. The important thing is how a man uses his physical attributes. Therefore height can be advantage or hindrance, depending on how it is used. Those tall boxers of the past failed because they were trained wrong.

I’ve always thought that a man like Chamberlain, a basketball player all his life, should do very well in the ring because of the quick reflexes and fast moves required of a basketball player. It makes wonderful training for boxing.

If Chamberlain applied himself, he could be boxing for the heavyweight title within a comparatively short time.”
              Wilt was "up for the fight". that is until Muhammad Ali looked him in the eye and said, "TIMBER!

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Wilt was "up for the fight". that is until Muhammad Ali looked him in the eye and said, "TIMBER!
                Oh sure, yes OF COURSE...

The guy who was flogged the crap out of by guys like Doug Jones and Joe Frazier, a 6'3" 210lb featherfist punch bag cruiser who couldn't even keep a slow motion statue like Liston at bay- he just looked that Wilt Chamberlain right in the eye and said "TIMBERRRR" and that was that. Wilt crapped himself immediately and withdrew.

Guys like Brian London and many many more had the courage to go in there and lose but big Wilt, he just folded with that one word and crazy eyed stare.

This one...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...06_468x390.jpg

Truly frightening!!!

Do you REALLY believe in this stuff?

Do you honestly think the reason this fight never went ahead was because Wilt was psyched out of it by a guy who's entire fight plan was based around letting his opponents punch themselves out on his body, who was exactly half his size.

Do you really believe Wilt was psyched out by a guy who was shown to have an IQ in the 80's or something like that?

Of course you don't really believe it.

So don't bother saying it!

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
                  Here's Cus D’Amato on the subject:

Good read Cus was intelligent and really knew his stuff.Everything he said is true and supports everything i said .The ray corsos on here are busted once again... what he said about the taller past time fighters is point on the money . Everyone who laughed at Chamberlain idea of being a legit threat should really read Cus"s statements and learn something , though i know thats not the norm on here when it comes to anyone who wants to challenge realistic possibilities against Alis standard of high level , untouchable fighters of the 60's!
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-28-2015, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Good read Cus was intelligent and really knew his stuff.Everything he said is true and supports everything i said .The ray corsos on here are busted once again... what he said about the taller past time fighters is point on the money . Everyone who laughed at Chamberlain idea of being a legit threat should really read Cus"s statements and learn something , though i know thats not the norm on here when it comes to anyone who wants to challenge realistic possibilities against Alis standard of high level , untouchable fighters of the 60's!
                    Wilt Chamberlain, if he had went ahead and fought Muhammad Ali, would have made more money in that one fight, than he would make in his entire career playing basketball.

It is now time for the moderators on this forum, to evict, Elroy1, Juggernaut and KnockedoutNed..

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                      Wilt Chamberlain, if he had went ahead and fought Muhammad Ali, would have made more money in that one fight, than he would make in his entire career playing basketball.

It is now time for the moderators on this forum, to evict, Elroy1, Juggernaut and KnockedoutNed..
                      And this has to do with what? Your post only proves my point you imbecile...if we were evicting anyone it would be you ,believe me..the difference between you and ray is he at least has solid advice for beginners and contributes there..you don't have the knowledge to even provide that,you have Lewis fictional opinions that's about it..you DOLT!....
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-28-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X