Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican TV had Cotto the "monster" winning.. (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no one wants to point out that Cotto lost the fight before he got in the ring? I wish this fight would have had open scoring. Freddie clearly thought Cotto had a chance to win a decision in Vegas with that crowd. That was a huge mistake. 2 of the score cards had been filled out the night before.

I talked to Verdjos trainer in Vegas and warned him that if Felix ever becomes that big to be very careful in Vegas.

If the fight would have been in New York the score cards, would have been either a draw or a majority decision for Canelo. He won the fight but not lopsided.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
      I thought Cotto flagged towards the end but had enough rounds in the bank to get a draw at least. What rounds did Canelo win in the first 6? Round 3 maybe. Cotto was pumping the jab constantly.

This fight reminded me of Provo vs Algieri. You can make a case for each guy winning very easily. Canelo landed the hard shots but was being outlined and out thought in three quarters of the rounds. Compubox is horse **** too btw
      The only round that canelo could have won in the first 6 is round 3. I had cotto winning the first six. He jabbed and comboed canelo to death. They didn't have much effect because canelo was so big but that does mean those punches didn t count. ALl landed punches count irrespective of effect.

Lets suppose you gave canelo round 3, which is plausible. Then you would have to give canelo round 7-12. Each and every one of them. That's impossible because he was whipping canelo in wound 10. No one can give canelo round 10. I belive cotto won round 11 as well. But say you gave round 3 to canelo you cannot give round 10 to him. Best case senerio is a draw like a few others have scored.

Canelo didn't gas out this fight because he held back round 1-6. It was very obvious he was saving himself for the later rounds. He picked up almost instantly in round 7. The punch output difference is hard to miss.

Comment

In retrospect, other than a Cotto win, this is a fukn awesome outcome....a somewhat controversial bout denying Canelo fans the potential to gloat and spew their nationliatic bullshiet...I mean you all trying really hard to fill that esteem...but like ur hero....
        Last edited by PR ESQ.; 11-24-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I scored it 7-5 Cotto. Fraudnelo's best win is still Ryan Rhodes after losing to Trout, Lara, Mayweather, and Cotto. HBO commentary was despicable.
          I agree with the score but not the rest. He out toughed Lara down the stretch and the Trout fight was close enough to go either way.

the judges are heavily in Canelo's pockets though.

I'd just like to add, some latin american news papers also had Cotto winning.

I really couldn't believe the boxnation commentary, it might have been worse than HBO lol

edit: just wanted to add that it was obvious from both corners that they felt Cotto was winning, Canelo came out in some of those later rounds looking for a KO and his corner was looking very agitated, even the biased boxnation commentary had to admit it.
          Last edited by soul_survivor; 11-24-2015, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Is canelo well liked in Mexico?

Comment

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn

Anyone giving cotto more than 5 rds should be banned from speaking anything boxing related
              Last edited by DuttyAlacrity; 11-24-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

"When you have the opportunity to dominate 8 out of 12 rounds... You expect nothing but a victory" ~Miguel Cotto

Cotto feels he won it and truthfully he did better than the cards suggest.

I was surprised Cotto took this fight in Vegas. Anything that far west is ALWAYS going to be Mexican-friendly territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
                  You know what I'm OK that Canelo won props to him. But I have just saw the fight for the 2nd time and HBO really did a number on Cotto.

for me it could have gone either way!!

The score cards and commentating were bias ridiculously. Some here can make any stupid comments but ignore/accept that the score cards were so wide is just plain stupid.

I call for a rematch.

I guess Roc Nation does not yet have the pull of Golden Boy. HBO was ridiculous in their commentary. They hyped up every punch Canelo threw as if Cotto had flown out of the ring.

Crazy.

Fight was close and little Cotto did what he could against the bigger/younger Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                    wow you must be smoking crack? Canelo beat Trout and knocked him down, unlike Cotto who got beat down by Trout easily.
                    Also if you want to talk about close fights. In my opinion Cotto lost to Mosely and some say he lost to Clottey.
                    Your more ******ed then that guy BrushMyWeive.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                      get over it, Cotto lost
                      yeah but not by those wide ass suspect ass scores that were announced....Nelo won 7-5 on my card....my bias and non bias card....my big bro is a Cotto hater...he even had it closer than those crazy ass judges....the fight was closer than the judges had it....Hoya and Suliman bought the cards....no other explanation for that ****ery....then again there's 1.1 million reasons for the ****ery...RocNation is the new kid on the block.....the new kid gonna get his pockets checked and his lunch money took until he learns the ropes....the Roc got their pockets checked on Saturday

Comment

Working...
                      X