No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Hopes To Replicate Busy Schedule Next Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire Hopes To Replicate Busy Schedule Next Year

HOUSTON, TX - BoxingScene.com caught with WBO junior featherweight champion Nonito Donaire to get his thoughts on his upcoming fight against former 5 division champion Jorge "Travieso" Arce. Donaire said that he has wanted to face Arce for a long time and is happy that the fight is finally coming to fruition.

"I think this a fight that should have happened four years ago. When they gave me the opportunity (to fight Arce) I said yes. I think Arce is a tremendous fighter," Donaire stated.

[Click Here To Read More]

as a fan, i certainly appreciate donaire's willingness to stay very active, i think it rejuvenates the sport. i just hope he's not overdoing it, we all know the consequences of that

Comment

Thats what's up if he does.....

Comment

Awesome.

Hopefully Mares and Rigondeaux are the first two on that list.

Then he can move to 126.

Comment

Rigondeaux should be up next in March

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
            Rigondeaux should be up next in March
            i think that might be too soon if top rank is setting up a february date for rigondeaux...hopefully we see donaire vs mares in march and then the winner fights rigondeaux in the summer. but it's nice to see a top fighter is willing to fight more than once or twice a year...hopefully donaire's hands can stand up to another busy schedule tho..

Comment

above all else, Nonito should face Mares before he goes up in weight
              Rigo can get it after that, but Mares needs to be first
              after that, Salido at 126 sounds great if Nonito is going up
              if he's gonna take these big fights, he might get in 3, but not 4

Comment

Mares, then Rigo (then undisputed) then up to 126. That's the path he should go.

Comment

Don't be surprise if he goes straight up to 126 to take on Salido whom is the easiest of the three.

Comment

Working...
                  X