Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Attacks: Blasts Dawson, Tarver, Toney!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    All three judges gave Dawson the first round. In the second round Hopkins was clinching like crazy, he never wanted to open up and fight. His three punch combination was to throw the right hand, lead with his head, and clinch. Oh and he was also fighting off his back-foot. To say that Dawson was frustrated is BS, he was in complete control, he shoved off Hopkins because Hopkins was literally leaning on him.
    Fact: Hopkins landed more punches.

I wouldn't call that complete control.

Comment

Originally posted by webpp View Post
      Well the name of the game is "do what you want but don't get caught".

Dawson wasn't prepared for rough fight. Judging from round 2 (which I just watched) BHop was going to rough him up. Right hand lead + head behind it, holding and hitting...

Also the knock down in round 2 may have been legit, but I don't have a good angle on it.
      I saw it too, and if after Dawson threw him off Hopkins didn't get hurt it could have been a good move for Dawson because it lets Hopkins know that this isn't going to be so easy to employ those tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I saw it too, and if after Dawson threw him off Hopkins didn't get hurt it could have been a good move for Dawson because it lets Hopkins know that this isn't going to be so easy to employ those tactics.
        Agreed.

I am down for the rematch, but the Dawson camp won't be.

What are they gonna do? Fight Pascal? Neither of them have a belt at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by webpp View Post
          Agreed.

I am down for the rematch, but the Dawson camp won't be.

What are they gonna do? Fight Pascal? Neither of them have a belt at this point.
          I would like to see the rematch too, it was too inconclusive but as long as Dawson is active and not taking a soft touch I can't knock him.

If Hopkins wants to still remain on top he could fight Cloud and probably win, Cloud has trouble with boxers until he ko's them finally.

I mean if Hopkins keeps winning Dawson will have to fight him the public will demand it of him.

Comment

B Hop gonna fight Toney at Cruiser for a belt at some point.

To be honest I think Dawson realises Hopkins is a tough target and would have loved to keep the belts without having to fight him properly. They need to just rematch and get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by peter stark View Post
              Gee, I really think this sorry-ass *****h will take on Erdei who will tattoo his
              aged ass. Hopkins will never get in the ring again with Dawson, who would
              kill him.
              Hopkins is full of ****.
              Erdei is the biggest joke in boxing he makes calzaghes resume of **** cans look great. Dawson got his ass whipped by a guy who hopkins smoked at 47. come join us in reality clown.

Comment

Working...
              X