Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Cotto depreciation crap is ridiculous...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto quit is the new thing to say for the cotto haters, they must of forgot about his supposily weak chin. well he answered that by not getting ko'd. he took two knees and the trainer stopped the fight. props to marg he did punish cotto. cotto will be back and will be able to beat most of the top welterweights out there

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo28 View Post
      cotto quit is the new thing to say for the cotto haters, they must of forgot about his supposily weak chin. well he answered that by not getting ko'd. he took two knees and the trainer stopped the fight. props to marg he did punish cotto. cotto will be back and will be able to beat most of the top welterweights out there
      i agree with the thread starter. just bc you take a knee doesnt mean you quit. if he didnt take those knee's he could have seriously gotten hurt. it was over i though marg was going to KO him that round. Im not really a huge fan of either fighter i follow but not that much and i was amazed by both those fighters. that was boxing. two men standing in the ring just blasting eachother doesnt get any better than that. marg just had to much for cotto. and i think cotto and his corner knew it. hence why his corner stepped in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendo View Post
        i agree with the thread starter. just bc you take a knee doesnt mean you quit. if he didnt take those knee's he could have seriously gotten hurt. it was over i though marg was going to KO him that round. Im not really a huge fan of either fighter i follow but not that much and i was amazed by both those fighters. that was boxing. two men standing in the ring just blasting eachother doesnt get any better than that. marg just had to much for cotto. and i think cotto and his corner knew it. hence why his corner stepped in.

That was a particular part of boxing perhaps......

some might say boxing is hit and dont be hit.........

most like bar room brawls not boxing.......

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo28 View Post
          July 25th: "Cotto is the best welterweight in the world."
          July 27th: 'Cotto will probably beat most of the welterweights".

July 25th: "cotto will take margarito to school"
          july 27th: "At least he took two knees instead of getting KO'd"

:bukkake:
          :bukkake:

Comment

Originally posted by FISTIC ART View Post
            That was a particular part of boxing perhaps......

some might say boxing is hit and dont be hit.........

most like bar room brawls not boxing.......
            i love the boxing fight just as much as a brawl but i just dont understand why people say cotto quit. so what he took a knee. any other fighter would have done that. if not than they would have been walking around looking like ali and talking like frazier. he was just beat down. marg was the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
              When you take a knee because you don't WANT to get hit - not because you WERE hit - what is that called?
              Its called taking a knee.

This question shows you have never fought a round in your life. He had no legs, the alternative was getting hit while he was hurt. Its called boxing basics buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendo View Post
                i love the boxing fight just as much as a brawl but i just dont understand why people say cotto quit. so what he took a knee. any other fighter would have done that. if not than they would have been walking around looking like ali and talking like frazier. he was just beat down. marg was the better fighter.
                marg did to Cotto's face what Cotto did to malignaggi.

paulie didn't quit.

Comment

Originally posted by machotime View Post
                  Its called taking a knee.

This question shows you have never fought a round in your life. He had no legs, the alternative was getting hit while he was hurt. Its called boxing basics buddy.
                  Nope, i have never fought professionally.

I also know that taking two knees and thereby giving a 10-7 round in a close fight that i can only win by decision is essentially conceding the fight.

So, if you are some great professional champion...good for you. Congrats. You are still here on the same board as me. TALKING boxing.

Comment

Guys, as a Cotto fan, and Puertorican, I concede defeat. Margo is a beast, I can still say cotto is the better boxer by far, Margo is just too resilient. It's his style and no one can take that way from him, he was the better man that night.

Remember, Cotto had his family and kids there, I'm sure what must be going through his head, go down fighting or fight another day, getting KO'd in front of your kids is not a nice thought...

Use your brains people. They gave their all, now give each of them their due. Kudos to Margarito. He deserves the respect.

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
                      marg did to Cotto's face what Cotto did to malignaggi.

paulie didn't quit.
                      malignaggi could also has better stamina and better legs. cotto was never walked down like that. cotto was forced to fight a fight he is not used too so there for he got tired and he was also getting hit with some bombs. cotto prolly underestimated marg's power. paulie also went down how many times so there for atleast had sometime to regroup. cotto fought with will and determination and just couldnt do it anymore. he took a knee to just lessen the damage. he knew he was beat and he knew another punch or two could have seriously hurt him. he is still young and has a career ahead of him. now he knows he is beatable.

Comment

Working...
                      X