No announcement yet.

Barry Robinson getting his ass whooped by Khem and Sittichai Sitsongpeenong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    You know what kills me about watching stuff like this...

Is how people watch Floyd Mayweather, and want to hold their hands the same way. It's amazing the poor teachings there are in boxing gyms around the country because people want to emulate a style.

That is absolutely horrible, I mean it's embarrassing. You are a trainer and you are moving around like an out of shape, old wannabee Floyd Mayweather.

Incredible, I can't tell you how many times I have had kids in my gym want to fight like that because Floyd does it. What they don't realize is Floyd is a master boxer, who has decades of mastering this style to fit his physical abilities.

It's almost like fundamental boxing techniques are slowly disappearing from the face of the planet. In 30 years fighters will just keep their hands down ala Roy Jones and Sergio Martinez because they had success doing it.
    I was surprised when he looked like that. I thought he would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by alohaxchange View Post
      LMAO, Khem was being nice, you could see his eyeroll when they switched out lol. Thais are also very nice until you start trying to show off, before I went back to western boxing I trained with the guys from Fairtex and they are brutal yet simultaneously the nicest guys at the same time.
      I think it's because he touched his face. In Thailand you're not supposed to do that. The thing is Khem isn't known for his boxing at all.

Comment

You know what kills me about watching stuff like this...

Is how people watch Floyd Mayweather, and want to hold their hands the same way. It's amazing the poor teachings there are in boxing gyms around the country because people want to emulate a style.

That is absolutely horrible, I mean it's embarrassing. You are a trainer and you are moving around like an out of shape, old wannabee Floyd Mayweather.

Incredible, I can't tell you how many times I have had kids in my gym want to fight like that because Floyd does it. What they don't realize is Floyd is a master boxer, who has decades of mastering this style to fit his physical abilities.

It's almost like fundamental boxing techniques are slowly disappearing from the face of the planet. In 30 years fighters will just keep their hands down ala Roy Jones and Sergio Martinez because they had success doing it.
        You have Ali, Leonard, Jones and now Floyd to thank for that. Young boxers want to imitate them and never learn fundementals as a result. Ray did have them and was a very complete fighter but everyone just remembers his showboating nonsense and Ali impressions. I honestly think its been a significant factor in the decline of American boxing.

Comment

Ok fair enough, I just hate that style and I hope that's not what he teaches to his kids. One thing is to develop into a style, another is teaching that from the get go.

I actually had no problems with him when he was posting here, it's just when you talked boxing to him and you disagreed with him, he would just act like a 12 year old.

You have to leave ego at the door as a trainer, humble yourself and learn everyday. Boxing is a martial art and it takes a lifetime to learn it and there's more than one style to do things the right way.

There's nothing wrong with the shoulder roll, the video just reminded me of when Berto tried that **** on Guerrero and got blasted for it.
          Hahahahahahaha I remember the conversations u two used to have

Dude cannot handle disagreement

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            You have Ali, Leonard, Jones and now Floyd to thank for that. Young boxers want to imitate them and never learn fundementals as a result. Ray did have them and was a very complete fighter but everyone just remembers his showboating nonsense and Ali impressions. I honestly think its been a significant factor in the decline of American boxing.
            Basically, everybody wants to run before they can learn to crawl.

Comment

He is one of the most arrogant morons I've ever seen with a boxing channel. And that's saying something.

Comment

How does anyone think anyone is getting beat up watching this?
                Barry is simply walking down the smaller guy and applying pressure with his body not so much punches. Secondly everyone in the ring is "pulling" their shots.
                I think its a waste of time but he doesn't so its ok by me.
                Who's watching the younger fellows spar and giving them instruction?
                I couldn't tell if they were given one or two specific techniques to work on or not!

As far as Barry sparring and "getting his butt beat" it looks like he could eat the kid if he was hungry.

It's silly as hell to hear people comment on spar sessions as if its a real fight, it goes to show what the average fan knows..........................NOTHING!

.....as for shoulder roll I prefer a "bear claw" roll with a little butter and hot
                cafe' con leche' hmmmnnnnnnnnnn that's a roll!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  How does anyone think anyone is getting beat up watching this?
                  Barry is simply walking down the smaller guy and applying pressure with his body not so much punches. Secondly everyone in the ring is "pulling" their shots.
                  I think its a waste of time but he doesn't so its ok by me.
                  Who's watching the younger fellows spar and giving them instruction?
                  I couldn't tell if they were given one or two specific techniques to work on or not!

As far as Barry sparring and "getting his butt beat" it looks like he could eat the kid if he was hungry.

It's silly as hell to hear people comment on spar sessions as if its a real fight, it goes to show what the average fan knows..........................NOTHING!

.....as for shoulder roll I prefer a "bear claw" roll with a little butter and hot
                  cafe' con leche' hmmmnnnnnnnnnn that's a roll!!! Ray.
                  Yeah, "getting his @ss whooped" was too strong of a statement for what we watched in that video. However, I think that Thai fighter is in a much better condition physically and technically. I would not be surprised if that kid whooped Robinson's @ss in a real fight. You have to take into consideration that the Thai fighter has not included his other skills of kicking, kneeing and elbowing.

The only advantage Robinson has is his f**king size.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
                    Yeah, "getting his @ss whooped" was too strong of a statement for what we watched in that video. However, I think that Thai fighter is in a much better condition physically and technically. I would not be surprised if that kid whooped Robinson's @ss in a real fight. You have to take into consideration that the Thai fighter has not included his other skills of kicking, kneeing and elbowing.

The only advantage Robinson has is his f**king size.
                    Riddick Bowe didn't fair very well in his Muay Thai debut either lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCu8U90XoY
                    Last edited by alohaxchange; 05-31-2014, 12:47 AM. Reason: forgot video.

Comment

Totally different rulings apply to both fighters in each sport. The Thai has the advantage in a Thai bout the boxer has his advantage in a boxing match.
                      This a very old debate that gets silly after about 70 years.
                      Riddick is an unfortunate man who didn't manage his life very well and took the match strictly for the pay. Don't you know that?
                      If the greater percentage contact fighters were well suited to prepare for their future their would less unfortunate ex fighters out here. You see fighters live in the now and that helps being able to put your life on the line, it just does!
                      Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X