Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with the BWAA's decision on Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with the BWAA's decision on Fighter of the Year?

If not ...who do you think deserves it more and why?
    Yes i agree with the BWAA
    48.28%
    NO id NOT agree with the BWAA
    51.72%

The poll is expired.

And the "anybody but Floyd" battle rages on.....

Comment

It's a Popularity contest he was part of the biggest event of the year and it's all
      Subjective anyways.

Comment

I see a good number of Floyd fans saying they would have picked other people so I think that tells its own story.

The magnitude of the event was obviously influential and I think they got this decision wrong. I think they got trainer of the year wrong too.

But, it's all subjective as the poster above says, they're the members of the association with a vote so if that's their pick, that's their pick.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 01-28-2014, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Adonis Stevenson....Why?

Started the year with a revenge match

KOed Chad Dawson the lineal champ in 1, stop with the "he was done" excuse

Stopped Tavoris Cloud

KOed #1 contender and his mandatory challenger in Bellew

No fight went the distance and the fact that he went from obscurity outside of Canada to a global name in one year. The rate at which his stock went up is way to impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            I see a good number of Floyd fans saying they would have picked other people so I think that tells its own story.

The magnitude of the event was obviously influential and I think they got this decision wrong. I think they got trainer of the year wrong too.

But, it's all subjective as the poster above says, if that's their pick, that's their pick.
            End thread

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              Adonis Stevenson....Why?

Stopped Tavoris Cloud

No fight went the distance and the fact that he went from obscurity outside of Canada to a global name in one year. The rate at which his stock went up is way to impressive.
              I think he is being a little over rated to be honest. I'm not insulting him but Dawson just got Stopped by Ward and Cloud was soul snatched by Bhop and those are his best wins really lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                It's a Popularity contest he was part of the biggest event of the year and it's all
                Subjective anyways.
                Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

But, it's all subjective as the poster above says, they're the members of the association with a vote so if that's their pick, that's their pick.
                Agreed.:qqq::qqq:

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  Adonis Stevenson....Why?

Stopped Tavoris Cloud

Yeah, don't see how Floyd can compete with that, Adonis went from 168lb contender status to the number 1 guy at 175 in a year.

Comment

How many fighters are even being looked at because of the notoriety that Floyd brings to the sport? Last year was an amazing year for boxing overall and for a lot of boxers/fighters but Floyd stole the show not just with flawless performances, but being a part of the biggest grossing fight ever, that matters not just to Floyd but to the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X