Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Question: Has Floyds jaw ever been tested by any of his 42 opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop chop checked him but no real damage.Mosley was the only one to weaken his knees tho

Comment

mosely did and he survived, more by his smarts than a granite chin (clung to and smothered mosely). i'd say good chin, great defense.

Comment

Seriously? I take it you're brand new to boxing.

Last edited by deliveryman; 03-30-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

1 good right hand and a bomb from Mosley, Floyd didn't go down.

Judah and Chop Chop hit him good, and nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            He's been in 42 professional fights and countless other amateur ones, not to mention the literally thousands of rounds he's sparred with world champions and younger fighters, and you really sit there and ask if his chin has been tested?

Really!?

Go kiss a transformer.

Honestly this is the vest post iv'e read on here in ages.

Comment

Corley hit him with some great shots, shot he would normally knock people out with, Mosley, Judah, Mitchell too

Comment

Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
                Chop chop checked him but no real damage.Mosley was the only one to weaken his knees tho
                And that was from a shot to the temple. He took the big overhand on clean on the chin just fine.

Comment

RCM: Your resume is very impressive. You have fought a “Who’s Who” in the light welterweight and welterweight divisions. Every style imaginable. Power punchers like Randall Bailey, Freddie Hernandez, and Marcos Maidana. Skilled and accurate fighters like Miguel Cotto and Floyd Mayweather, plus Zab Judah, Devon Alexander, etc. Who was your toughest and most difficult competitor?

DC: The toughest was Floyd Mayweather.

RCM: What can you tell us about that fight?

DC: I was trying to hit him in certain spots to neutralize him. Pernell Whitaker taught me that. Floyd has a very good jab and his left hand, in general, is also very good. My game plan, when we fought, was to neutralize his left hand. I was jabbing him in the muscle trying to make his arm numb so he would not be able to throw the jab. But, I could not do it often enough. I was not concerned by the power of Floyd at 140. But it was his speed and technique that made the difference in the fight.

I was trying to land that homerun punch one more time (in the fourth round Corley severely hurt Mayweather with a right hook). I just knew I could catch him again, but he is so skillful, I could not land again. I tried and tried, but I could not land that bomb again. He is so skilled and his technique is so exceptional, I could not do it.RCM: What will it take to beat a Floyd Mayweather?

DC: Let me tell you this, there are ways to beat him, but you need more than 12 rounds (laughing). There are certain spots where you have to hit Floyd to stop him from doing what he does best. Any fighter can be beaten on any given day, but I think you would have to be on something to beat Floyd (laughing). I don’t think a natural fighter can do it. The way he adapts and makes adjustments is incredible. And once he adapts and makes those adjustments, he has already frustrated you with his skill. He does a lot of little things that go unnoticed. He frustrates his opponents. He is a master of getting you out of your rhythm and dictating the tempo of the fight. He is now in control, and when he is in control you are out of control.

Comment

mostly the punch that could knockout people is when the opponent moving towards the punch you throw

which makes me think floyd has never been in that situation because of his backpedaling and running style

so to ask me has his chin been tested?

nope sorry
                    thats my oppinion hate it or like it

Comment

Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
                      mostly the punch that could knockout people is when the opponent moving towards the punch you throw

which makes me think has never been in that situation because of his backpedaling and running style

so to ask me has his chin been tested?

nope sorry
                      thats my oppinion hate it or like it
                      You're fucking ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X