No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Confident: Saul Will Beat Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post

1:19 ..If Martinez puts him in that position...consider it over..Martinez isn't a lightweight going up to 154lbs..he'll be a solid 168lbs on fight night..

It's too soon for Canelo to talk Martinez..he needs to roll thru some names at 154 first...Kirkland, Angulo, Vanes, Rosado...etc...

Martinez opens Canelo up and Vargas' him ala' Tito..
    I partially agree.

Every fighter needs to go down the line of boxers before takin' on Championships. At least, that's what they thought about a 19yr-old Tyson.

The difference is, the boy that fought Jose Cotto bakk then, is not the same man that fought Lopez, but you have to expect that in any competitive sport such as boxing that in order for athletes to grow, they have to learn from their past experiences. Growth = experience + determination. It's not rokket science. And I'm convinced that this principle also applies to Martinez. I'm sure my man has learnt a lot from his past experiences as well and please don't get it twisted, I respect the champ, but even lions grow old.

I don't know but recently, Canelo's confidence seems to have sp1ked bIG time since his last few fights. And like a young Tyson, i think he's just starting to realize his true power and potential. If any boxer seems to have acquired Robert duran's 'hands of stone', it's Canelo. And if all of that is true, why hold bakk the possbile legacy of a red headed Mexican with a '19yr-old Tyson KO syndrome' from takin' it's course?
    Last edited by panicchaser; 10-08-2012, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      Martinez's doctor is also the doctor of the King of Spain...
      Wow... then I feel sorry for the King of Spain. Hope his castle came with electricity and running water!

Comment

• Canelo is grossly undervalued by most people who post about him on this site. The kid is a real all round talent who is developing all the time and could yet turn out to be a great one.

Comment

• Fight him then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thickear View Post
            Canelo is grossly undervalued by most people who post about him on this site. The kid is a real all round talent who is developing all the time and could yet turn out to be a great one.
            His skill/potential/ability is valued properly. I think everyone can agree that he's developing an impressive offensive arsenal. Other than that, nothing else has been proven.

Question: do you think he's ready for Mayweather? Martinez?

Comment

Canelo is grossly undervalued by most people who post about him on this site. The kid is a real all round talent who is developing all the time and could yet turn out to be a great one.
              He does not have great all around skill. He has good power, throws very good combinations. That's all he is right now, a talented offensive fighter who has not proven much against anyone of note.

Comment

• Originally posted by fallen9182 View Post
                Canelo hasn't even fought a top 10 JMW yet...and he's supposed to be beat the best MW in the world???
                You mean a top 20!

Reminds me of David Lemieux... He looked amazing against C rated fighters, like he was the next P4P. But got his ass kicked against two B rated fighters.

We are all wasting time here, this fight is never gonna happen.

Not even sure Cruiserweight JCC Jr deserves a rematch against the almost 40 year old Martinez. He got in a lucky punch and couldn't even build on it with 2 minutes left in the round. Actually, within a few seconds Martinez got his spirits back and was back at outpunching JCC two to one inside and outside.
                Last edited by guitarboyled; 10-08-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I agree, I look at it differently though. It's not that he doesn't have skills, I think he's a very skilled fighter and is getting better all the time. The reason most people dislike him or talk him down on here is mainly because of his opposition. The guy was GIVEN a belt and hasn't fought any top 10 contenders in his own division since receiving it. How is that fair to the contenders at 154?

Comment

• Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
                    You're right. Chavez just decided that he didn't want to fight until the 12th. It was nothing to do with Martinez outclassing him and nullifying his offense for the previous 11 rounds....

And also, calling Martinez "boring" is rich considering that your guy through about 3 punches in the opening 11 rounds....

....and Canelo? Who has he actually fought? Aside from small guys, old guys and small old guys? If he beat someone legit I wouldn't hate on him but he has to be the biggest hype job(after Chavez jr) in recent years in boxing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"Gaytinez"? Come on, man.....you can do better than that.

Who in their right mind would stand and trade for 12 rounds with someone who outweighs them by 25 pounds?? I get that you're Mexican and your pissed off that your guy lost but you actually sound deluded. There's more to boxing than infighting...
                    Great comment...like allways...

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      hilarious^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X