No announcement yet.

What is the most effective style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    This is nsb man people are too embeded with particular fighters to the point any rational opinions are completely ignored and you're instantly labeled and idiot.

It's hard to say if Marquez would beat Mayweather simply on style , but without the speed advantage you'd have to believe Marquez and Mayweather beat Pacquiao with a counterpunching style.
    OMG Thank you! It's like they completely ignored everything I said, they just seen Floyd, Marquez, Pacquiao and ran with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      if jmm was fast as sht he'd probabley be darting around the ring like a mad man while laughing maniacly and making faces (like vs bradley) alot more
      This visual, literally made me LOL out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        if pacquiao was slower he'd have a different style, if jmm was fast as sht he'd probabley be darting around the ring like a mad man while laughing maniacly and making faces (like vs bradley) alot more
        But were not saying that are we? Were saying if they fought with the same styles on an even playing field where there are no physical or athletic advantages. Learn to ****ing read!

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          Marquez didn't compete with all of the guys you listed, he was made to look like a fool in his fight against Mayweather.

Anyway the answer is Mayweather> Pacquiao> Marquez. Marquez style isn't effective against opponents unwilling to press forward or push the action, he also hasn't shown that his style is effective against boxers who are bigger than him. Mayweather and Pacquiao, throughout their career, have beaten a wider variety of fighters.
          Made to look a fool? No , Gatti was made look a fool. Floyd was afraid to engage Marquez half the time. Seriously you think I'm biased or something? Look at my favorite fighters list, Floyds there and Marquez isn't.

When has Pacquiao fought a BOXER bigger than himself?

A wider variety of opponents? Are you serious? What style hasn't Marquez faced. Name one, I dare you.

You obviously don't understand, but then again your an Arsenal fan so there a lot you don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
            OMG Thank you! It's like they completely ignored everything I said, they just seen Floyd, Marquez, Pacquiao and ran with it.
            Yeah I would say mayweather > marquez > Pacquiao in your scenario where they are equal in except in their fighting style. Marquez still would have to press the fight against Floyd it would be far more competitive than the real fight because the hand speed advantage is gone but that shoulder roll would still beat jmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
              Yeah I would say mayweather > marquez > Pacquiao in your scenario where they are equal in except in their fighting style. Marquez still would have to press the fight against Floyd it would be far more competitive than the real fight because the hand speed advantage is gone but that shoulder roll would still beat jmm
              See thats a real assessment and although I don't agree, I respect it. I personally believe Marquez has the better brain in the ring. The one right hand he landed on Floyd was set up ingeniously. He just didn't have the legs to compete with Floyd.

Comment

There is no superior style, fighters of a variety of styles can be great the best fighters find ways to use their attributes and impose what they do best on their opponents.

Comment

style is all about where / under whom you learn to box, and your physical toolbox / talents.

a genuinely slow and uncoordinated guy with T rex arms will never be a great boxer. it's so much easier to box if you're fast that you'll never catch up. if he's got a great chin and lead in his gloves he can still be a viable commodity by applying pressure, and use whatever skills he has to be more effective in close where his arm length and lack of speed mean less.

similarly, i don't care how fast you are, if you've got a junk chin and you can't punch you have no business coming forward and trying to hurt people. use the ring.

the basic componentry of a boxer's talent are his chin, his punch, and his speed. you don't teach those things. they are developed, not taught.

if you're talking about an athlete the basic components are size/dimensions/strength, and speed, or what i call "fleetness." everything is a product of those two things. it's really all about speed.

for the time being i am not talking about dimensions, weight, or size. height and reach are obviously talent, as they aren't taught. boxing has weight classes, but life doesn't. obviously weight and size are an advantage there.
                  Last edited by New England; 11-18-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

if i could build a fighter it would be ray robinson. just under 6' at WW. long arms. great chin, great speed, and two handed knockout power.

he had no flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
                      Made to look a fool? No , Gatti was made look a fool. Floyd was afraid to engage Marquez half the time. Seriously you think I'm biased or something? Look at my favorite fighters list, Floyds there and Marquez isn't.

When has Pacquiao fought a BOXER bigger than himself?

A wider variety of opponents? Are you serious? What style hasn't Marquez faced. Name one, I dare you.

You obviously don't understand, but then again your an Arsenal fan so there a lot you don't understand
                      Floyd was scared to engage Marquez? When Marquez caught Mayweather with a good punch, Mayweather immediately put him on his ass. It was a one sided fight. Also could you do me the courtesy of using appropriate terms when paraphrasing me, I'm referring to your use of the word ''faced'' as a replacement for the word ''beat''.

Comment

Working...
                      X