Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top rank sues yuriorkis gamboa; blames unidentified "poachers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey YURII! How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop??? Hahah chicken boy.

Comment

So:
      -Offer
      -Acceptance
      -Consideration
      -Breach

Next:
      -Damages

Haven't these fools learned, Bob Arum is not to be ****ed with?

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
        Damn ! I wanna see gamboas career develop not fall after some stupid incident like this.

Just fight Rios and save your career Yuri !
        lol it's too late now bro... I doubt Yuri could just come out now and be like "Okay Okay I'll fight Rios! Geez..." and everything be okay lol. Would be tight tho cuz now I wanna see Rios demolish Gamboa even more

Comment

Uhmm, its pretty common for promoters to give advances to fighters. Even if the fighters dont know who they're fighting. Gamboa better give it back or fight someone!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            What's wrong with this kid? I bet you he had people in his ear telling him all kinds of things saying he wasn't getting paid enough, that they are trying to destroy his career...

Damn I wanted to see this fight!!!
            This really sounds just like Oscar. He has the worst reputation for doingthis since King is semi-retired.

I was sure that Top Rank would sue if they coudn't get Gamboa to honour his agreement. An open and shut case, although another nuisance for Top Rank

Comment

Just imagine if manny tried to leave I bet all kind of accusations would pop up from top rank

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Oh well. I kept reading the speculation that it was about money but still havent heard anything about it being for more money.

How can they sue Gamboa if he himself is claiming he never signed a contract. We will see i guess
                Youve just made a silly comment. They can sue anytime they want to, and for any reason. If it's a frivolous suit, the court will throw it out. Just because Gamboa says he didn't sign a contract is no bar against Top Rank suing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                  Don't know how many defense lawyers would take Gamboa's case pro bono. Innocence is a hard case to prove on this one. I see jail sentence coming and a life of misery and pain. Oh well...
                  It wouldn't be "pro Bono", he has money to pay. It would most probably...if he's smart.... be on a contingency basis. But if the lawyer is smart, it will be on a fee basis. And as we've seen, Gamboa is NOT smart.

And someone mentioned "entrap". They have him under contract don't need to entrap......Top Rank didn't mention the advance as a cause for the suit but as an extra detail.
                  Last edited by edgarg; 03-14-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Or on the flip side Bob can just take it out of his pay for future events and then ultimately cash out on Yuri...

As if Bob (or any other promoter for that matter) hasn't pulled this stunt before.

Comment

Unidentified Poachers??

Comment

Working...
                      X