No announcement yet.

Saw W. yesterday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw W. yesterday

And guess what, I actually came away from the theater with a better opinion of Bush than I had when I entered. The movie painted him as an arrogant and egotistical man of average intelligence. He was a drunkard in his "youth" and surrounded himself with men of little to no moral integrity as governor and President, with the exception of Colin Powell who's advice he ignored.. But he wasn't truly evil. That label was reserved for Dick Cheney.
    Last edited by SonnyG8R; 10-21-2008, 12:59 PM.

It's funny isn't it that the last 2 Republican VP's have either been so incompetent or so down right hated that they didn't even bother to try to secure their own parties nomination, lol. And then McSame picks Sarah Palin, LMAO!!! Seriously, what is it with republicans selecting the absolute dumbest and/or most evil running mates possible?

Comment

How many beers, if any, to I need for this flick syd?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        How many beers, if any, to I need for this flick syd?
        Better make it an even six pack. It wasn't really as funny as I would have liked so the beer will help in that regard, but then again it was no spoof. I'm sure there was some artistic license taken, but on the other hand I am sure that Stone could have made it much funnier and much more critical without exaggerating at all had he wanted to...
        Last edited by SonnyG8R; 10-21-2008, 01:21 PM.

Comment

was it a parody? comedy? or was it just a regular bio flick?

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            was it a parody? comedy? or was it just a regular bio flick?
            I really don't think he was going for parody or comedy, although he highlighted a few of Bush's idiosyncrasies. It was by no means a hatchet job, although repubs would probably say it was. Like I said, I came away thinking of him more as a deeply flawed human being than a remorseless tyrant. The funny thing is that Bush's life is almost like a parody of a regular persons life, as most spoiled rich sons of powerful and driven men usually are...

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
              Like I said, I came away thinking of him more as a deeply flawed human being than a remorseless tyrant.

that's how i've always thought of him. he appears like a tyrant because so many people make him the scapegoat for everything that's gone and going wrong with this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
                that's how i've always thought of him. he appears like a tyrant because so many people make him the scapegoat for everything that's gone and going wrong with this country.
                Well he's certainly made a lot of bad decisions, but I think he meant well.

Probably the most interesting aspect of the movie was the strained relationshnip between W. and his dad George Bush Sr. I wonder how much of that struck a painfully accurate chored. It was suggested that Bush senior always wanted Jeb, whom he had more confidence in, to be the next President instead of W...

Comment

the movie, IMO actually made him a sympathetic figure. it's what i would hope people would think of me if i were to land the head office and **** it up with my limited mental capacity.

it was a "he did the best of his ability" type of thing flick; his abilities are just not fit for the # 1 office.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                    the movie, IMO actually made him a sympathetic figure. it's what i would hope people would think of me if i were to land the head office and **** it up with my limited mental capacity.

it was a "he did the best of his ability" type of thing flick; his abilities are just not fit for the # 1 office.
                    would you trust a C student with your country?... well I mean.. we did but, you nada mean. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X