Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Boxing Fans Get Offended When Fans Get Excited About Young Fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    Who said that tho?

I don't see this "Spence hype". I see people that think he might have "it" and want to see him tested against Kell Brook or Keith Thurman.

And for the record, I'm not one that has bought into the hype. I've always been concerned about him being a little stiff and flat footed (although he was a lot lighter on his toes against Algeiri)
    Plenty of people said that. I see it on the daily. Especially when it was announced and Spence had that Pomanarev situation etc. They still say it to this day! It's ******ation of the highest order.

Well if you don't see it, I suggest you look closer. And obviously right now is not the same as it was when I wrote that thread which was on the back of the Bundu fight.

NSB was all: "Spence is king, Brook running to GGG" So stupid.

Spence is a fine ass talent. No question about it. Would it do him better to fight a couple of Guerrero's or Berto before fighting someone like Brook? Perhaps.

Could he beat Brook now? Perhaps. I don't personally think so, but he's good.

The problem is the unreal hype he got for knocking out a very very basic fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Did he? Or did he say his team wanted him to go to 154 but he wants to fight Spence?

Because I could have sworn I've seen him say that on at least 5 occasions.

The problem here is that you all want to believe that he's ducking Spence. You're not listening to what he's saying or understanding that the guy has a MEDICAL SUSPENSION which means he is not allowed to spar, let alone fight.

What is it people don't understand about that?
      I thought he said he was going to 154 after the GGG fight.

I don't think he is ducking Spence at all and have never posted or implied he has. I completely understand what is going on. However, when posters like JoeMan (with his anti black, anti Haymon slant on everything), for example, blame Spence for the fight isn't signed, what do you expect to see from people responding?

I do think Brook discussing possibly fighting Khan gives the appearance he doesn't want to fight Spence. Doesn't mean he is ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I don't think he is ducking Spence at all and have never posted or implied he has. I completely understand what is going on. However, when posters like JoeMan (with his anti black, anti Haymon slant on everything), for example, blame Spence for the fight isn't signed, what do you expect to see from people responding?

I do think Brook discussing possibly fighting Khan gives the appearance he doesn't want to fight Spence. Doesn't mean he is ducking.
        The guy you're responding to has the same anti-Black anti-haymon issues.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I haven't seen that. Obviously Spence wants the fight.

Brook has been wanting the Khan fight over anyone else for years. If someone thinks he's ducking Brook because of that, it's simple not true.

Comment

I dont get offended but it is annoying when a noob starts super hyping up a prospect after one decent victory like Davis.

Longterm boxing fans have seen countless young, talented fighters come and go so it takes more to be convinced.

Spence? He is good but ive seen so many prospects in the past 20 years who were just as good as him, if not better, that turn out to be bust ..

For me it just takes more time to be sold on a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              I dont get offended but it is annoying when a noob starts super hyping up a prospect after one decent victory like Davis.

Longterm boxing fans have seen countless young, talented fighters come and go so it takes more to be convinced.

Spence? He is good but ive seen so many prospects in the past 20 years who were just as good as him, if not better, that turn out to be bust ..

For me it just takes more time to be sold on a fighter.
              That's fine and I agree with you.

But you can't have a fighter go 5 years at the championship level , unbeaten, winning titles and then he finally loses and you come back and say "see I was right!!! Hypejob. He finally got exposed"

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                I have a problem when people start thinking these young fighters will blow anyone out of the water.

Like people here saying Spence beats Brook easily just because Brook lacks resume (basically) but at the same time wtf has Spence done? Brook might lack resume but he is no slouch and has got the experience factor over Spence. That's not to say Spence wouldn't beat him but I would still pick Brook over Spence. Maybe not at this point though. Not after going to 160 getting his **** broken and then coming back down without a tuneup.
                I'm a big Spence fan but I don't think Spence is gonna blow him out. It's a 50/50 fight imo. That's why I don't wanna see Spence vs. Skeete. I want my favorite fighter to fight the best.

Comment

Working...
                X