No announcement yet.

Lou Dibella Discusses Martinez and Berto's Futures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Martinez vs Macklin is fine, although I'm hoping Dibella is able to bring over Felix Sturm. One problem is that I remember Jose Sulaiman said that Martinez would have to fight Rubio for the vacant WBC belt and it wouldn't just be handed over to him. So if he wants the belt, he won't be able to fight Macklin.
    He aint gonna fight rubio for the vacant title.He just wants to fight
    chavez jr to make money.Why dont he try to get his other title from
    pirog?Cause he dont want to fight any threat to him.He just cherrypicking.

Comment

stop ducking pirog

Comment

DiBella is making himself look a right arse.

Comment

Damn man. He knows Sergio Martinez is his only successful fighter he's got, and Berto is a bust so he is willing to feed him to the wolves now. It's a sad state of affairs.

Comment

why did martinez just sign a long term deal with dibella? either he's stupid or he wants to keep fighting bums. martinez fought barker because of the british press? what kind of ******ed excuse is that.

Comment

The British press probably bought tickets at Modell's.

Comment

God, that's pathetic.

At some point, and somehow, boxing fans are gonna have to mobilise and unite and stop letting promoters/fighters get away with this sort of ****.

They get away with it because we let them.

Sergio is gonna fight Lee instead of Pirog because we're letting him.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                  Martinez-Macklin on St. Patty's day (with Lee being the backup) is a go.
                  Maklin: I Want Martinez on St. Patrick's Day at MSG (Floydhype.com)

Both guys are promoted by Dibella, the fight is a virtual done deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X